DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2022 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Spotted via accidental XBOX store listing - it appears that Skull And Bones will finally be coming out on Nov 8, 2022

That being said - it is also being reported that Ubisoft had planned on doing a closed Beta this month (June) and cancelled those plans due to "quality concerns"

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Spotted via accidental XBOX store listing - it appears that Skull And Bones will finally be coming out on Nov 8, 2022

That being said - it is also being reported that Ubisoft had planned on doing a closed Beta this month (June) and cancelled those plans due to "quality concerns"

It's rumored online that this thing is only being pushed out because Ubisoft could get into trouble with the government of Singapore if they don't release it within a certain time frame.

10 hours ago, Casey said:

It's rumored online that this thing is only being pushed out because Ubisoft could get into trouble with the government of Singapore if they don't release it within a certain time frame.

Explaining why companies probably shouldn't take government money to help fuel R&D. 

40 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Rockstar is shelfing plans for remastering Red Dead Redemption and GTV IV after the disaster that was the remasters of the GTA trilogy.

The company will now be focusing on GTA 6

https://kotaku.com/gta-iv-remastered-red-dead-redemption-canceled-rockstar-1849142371

Rockstar Games did the GTA Trilogy on the cheap and act surprised that reviews were awful. Honestly, if they did GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption PS4/PS5 ports but had them be high quality ports, people would buy them.

GTA VI will be nothing more than GTA V reskinned with even more online (probably the entire campaign will be online only and will be like Destiny/The Division but with shark cards and microtransactions).

Edited by Andrew POE!

I'll go out on a limb and say that GTA Online will remain it's own thing independent of whatever GTA VI is unless they can figure out a way to get everyone's shit to transfer over to whatever the new GTA Online will be. 

And I doubt that GTA VI will just be a reskinned GTA V. That has never been Rockstar's way of making new GTA games. There's always something new and they're always take things further than they did before.

Ubisoft will be "re-debut" Skull & Bones at a showcase on Thursday

They will also have a showcase on Sept 10 that will feature "multiple games"

I've thought for a while now that long term GTA Online goes free to play (probably around GTA 6 release), because it's still so massively popular there's literally no reason not to find a way to drag it out as long as possible. It's not like there aren't micotransactions in it already. Shit is 10 years old and at this point is still pulling the kind of numbers that can only be compared to successful MMO's even if the format is nothing alike. There's really no reason for them to shut it down for the forseeable future.

Ultimately I think there will be two separate GTA onlines, at least for awhile.  We’ll have GTA online Los Santos, and GTA online Poughkeepsie, or wherever it ends up.  The former will remain unplayable due to bad design choices (broomsticks).  The latter will be unplayable since Rockstar can’t figure out how to keep their servers stable to save their lives.  

Each version will earn them a billion dollars from mindless Rockstar fanboys 

As a mindless Rockstar fanboy I will play one or both endlessly. 

• Haha 1

I will say this regarding Forspoken - the statement announcing the delay wasn't the usual "We need more time to polish" line instead....

"As a result of ongoing discussions with key partners, we have made the strategic decision to move the launch date of Forspoken to January 24, 2023. All game elements are now complete, and development is in its final polishing phase,"

You decide if you are troubled by that statement or not

2 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that that statement was put out shortly after Ragnarok’s release date was announced.

I’m not usually a conspiracy theorist.

That's how I read it. I don't think its a super conspiracy theory, to me its not as big a deal these days to hit the holiday rush as people buy games year-round, and it may be a good idea to have their own release date on an island than compete with God of War, Pokemon, and whatever else is coming out in November. It worked out fine for Horizon and Elden Ring this year to do an early-year release, shouldn't hurt Forspoken.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

That's how I read it. I don't think its a super conspiracy theory, to me its not as big a deal these days to hit the holiday rush as people buy games year-round, and it may be a good idea to have their own release date on an island than compete with God of War, Pokemon, and whatever else is coming out in November. It worked out fine for Horizon and Elden Ring this year to do an early-year release, shouldn't hurt Forspoken.

Until Starfield gets delayed to January...

Or Breath of the Wild 2 is announced for Jan 17

I am being a little facetious but at some point you have to release your already delayed game that is starting to get a vaporware rep

EDIT - I will now ad the caveat that Sony might have forced their hand since they are both exclusives. Which would definitely explain the "strategic partners" line

• Like 1