DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2022 & Beyond)

RIPPA

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Not really a new game per se but the Witcher 3 Next-Gen Update has been delayed "indefinitely" as CD Projekt Red is bringing the project back in house.

It had been being done by Saber Interactive’s Russia office

I wish they'd just wave it and move on. Witcher 3 is one of my favorite games of all time and definitely my favorite of last Gen, I've played it through three times but its been released and re-released almost as many times as Skyrim (slight exaggeration for effect) and I wish they'd focus on their next game not being a broken mess instead of re-doing a seven year old game that everyone that wants to play already has.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Not really a new game per se but the Witcher 3 Next-Gen Update has been delayed "indefinitely" as CD Projekt Red is bringing the project back in house.

It had been being done by Saber Interactive’s Russia office

As much as it sounds cool to support the Ukranian war effort by squeezing Russia, the income of the normal joe in Russia is going to feel the pinch more than some oligarch or the military.  That being said, Saber Interactive should also get the hell out of Russia.  If it wants to keep those folks in Russia employed, find them some work visas and get them to a dev house somewhere in Europe proper so that they can support their families without supporting the Russian war machine.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, J.T. said:

As much as it sounds cool to support the Ukranian war effort by squeezing Russia, the income of the normal joe in Russia is going to feel the pinch more than some oligarch or the military. 

This is true, but every every dollar that doesn’t enter Russia is a dollar that’s that much harder for the bastards that are targeted to steal.  

it’s also a scary time to have your very portable IP sitting on Russian servers.  When we shut down our Russian site a couple weeks ago, the servers over there were remote wiped with no warning, including the backups.  Corporate decision was apparently that it was better to lose data than it was to risk it being stolen.  

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, J.T. said:

As much as it sounds cool to support the Ukranian war effort by squeezing Russia, the income of the normal joe in Russia is going to feel the pinch more than some oligarch or the military

100%. The ruble has already recovered and is now doing better than prior to the invasion. Much like sanctions, this kind of stuff pretty much only hurts the working class. 

2 hours ago, Jiji said:

100%. The ruble has already recovered and is now doing better than prior to the invasion. Much like sanctions, this kind of stuff pretty much only hurts the working class. 

I think there was more speaking out against sanctions during this current conflict than ones in the past because people are more openly admitting that sanctions don't hurt governments or those its intended to hurt. In most cases, it hurts the everyman who in most cases doesn't have involvement in evil governments doing evil government things. 

On 4/14/2022 at 2:43 PM, Jiji said:

Eh - Putin approval ratings higher than ever (per a pollster legitimised by West, as opposed to known propaganda piece)., exactly what is the “working class” that should be protected there? Rouble can’t be exchanged for foreign currency in the country, foreign parties can’t sell equities they are holding & gov’t is offering 20% interest rate on rouble deposit. Make no mistake it is a completely artificial and short term propping up of the currency.

As you were.

Per Bloomberg - Sega's secret "Super Game" is actually a couple of AAA titles

The known ones are, reportedly, big budget reboots of Jet Set Radio and Crazy Taxi

There will be two additional titles under the "Super Game" label

• Like 2

On 2/10/2022 at 10:29 AM, Craig H said:

And for some reason I figured there would be something about Xenoblade Chronicles 3. I meant to include that in my predictions the other day.

A new trailer for Xenoblade Chronicles 3 reveals more of the game’s characters and overarching mission — but more importantly, a new and earlier release date. The game was supposed to come out in September, but in a rare move, will be released on July 29, nearly two months early.

Trailer for Saints Row that focuses on the customization. Below is the full showcase (Trailer is roughly 5 minutes. Showcase is a little more than 20)

• Like 1

Yeah.  I'm going to play the shit out of the new Saint's Row.  The guitar case rocket launcher from Desperado is in this bitch!

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 1

Guest Stefanie Without Stefanie

The first two stages of the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game.

This looks like a lot of fun!

1 hour ago, Stefanie the Human said:

The first two stages of the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles game.

This looks like a lot of fun!

Oh my god. Everything about this is everything I wanted from this game. The gameplay, graphics, music, even the little things in the background like BeBop throwing Vernon on his shoulder and running off with him. 

I feel @J.T.on Saint's Row, but man, this game is near the top of my list for games I want to play this year.

And my other hope for that Turtles game is that they eventually do some DLC for that and give you other options for playable characters, like Casey Jones, Usagi Yojimbo, Mondo Gecko, Metalhead, etc.

• Like 1

Ooof... my excitement just went from 60 to 0 as I am now seeing it is not a sequel but a new game done by Gearbox themselves 

On a game that relies heavily on the writing... that isn't good

I saw an article saying there have been a couple leaks that suggest the next Mortal Kombat game might be a trilogy title with every character from 9, 10, and 11, and they called that "a dissapointment". Meanwhile I'm over here thinking "what the actual fuck are you talking about, dude", that's pretty much every single character anyone ever cared about in Mortal Kombat history save for, like... Reiko and Chameleon, I think? In the MK 11 engine? That sounds fucking awesome.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I saw an article saying there have been a couple leaks that suggest the next Mortal Kombat game might be a trilogy title with every character from 9, 10, and 11, and they called that "a dissapointment". Meanwhile I'm over here thinking "what the actual fuck are you talking about, dude", that's pretty much every single character anyone ever cared about in Mortal Kombat history save for, like... Reiko and Chameleon, I think? In the MK 11 engine? That sounds fucking awesome.

It's not the first time they did a Mortal Kombat Trilogy game - they did one back in the day for Mortal Kombat 1-3 on Nintendo 64 and PS1. So I'd rather they put something out that potentially shows a new engine before they do Mortal Kombat 12 (or whatever title it's taking).