DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2022 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Humanoid Studios, led by former BioWare boss and Mass Effect director Casey Hudson, officially has an update on its first big game. The website for the studio now details that it is developing an “all-new science-fiction universe.”

“Our current project is a multi-platform AAA game, focusing on character-driven narrative in an all-new science-fiction universe,” reads the website.

Additionally, there are a handful of concept images on the site, giving some slight hints at what the game might be about. Most of them are pretty standard sci-fi images of far-off planets and space explorers.

It isn't really worth digging up the sports game thread so I will just mention here that EA has announced that EA Sports PGA Tour - which in November had been delayed to an indefinite time - will now come out Spring 2023

On 3/22/2022 at 5:11 PM, RIPPA said:

It isn't really worth digging up the sports game thread so I will just mention here that EA has announced that EA Sports PGA Tour - which in November had been delayed to an indefinite time - will now come out Spring 2023

Did it say who the developer is? Hopefully it's going to be HB Studios again. The 2K PGA game is pretty good but I wish it had you able to use pros and scan your face for your golfer. I did like that it was skill based though so you didn't have to worry about leveling up or anything and there wasn't a big difference in the equipment.

3 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

Did it say who the developer is? Hopefully it's going to be HB Studios again. The 2K PGA game is pretty good but I wish it had you able to use pros and scan your face for your golfer. I did like that it was skill based though so you didn't have to worry about leveling up or anything and there wasn't a big difference in the equipment.

The Developer is 2K

Now that being said - 2K bought HB Studios with the intention of them continuing to work on the series

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ramo2653 said:

2K is making a game for EA Sports!?

Sorry I thought you meant the next 2K golf game since you mentioned 2K

The EA game is different 

9 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Sorry I thought you meant the next 2K golf game since you mentioned 2K

The EA game is different 

Nah you're good, I just assumed no one would bother with making a second PGA game. I'm pretty sure that's the first time? 

On 12/30/2021 at 6:11 PM, RIPPA said:

I should note that I didn't bother listing the Breathe of the Wild sequel since that fucker doesn't even have a name yet

On 1/2/2022 at 3:03 PM, odessasteps said:

It already worries me how many Nintendo streamers think BOTW2 could easily be a 2023 game. 

Nintendo has officially delayed BOTW2 to "Spring 2023"

Not surprised. I was just talking to my daughter about the release date for it yesterday. She's still young and thinks that when someone gives you a date that actually means when it's coming out.

Oh sweet, innocent girl. I told her to not expect it until next year since Nintendo hasn't shown anything else from it yet.

It just occurred to me that based on some of the mayonaise-brained discourse that took place around the lack of revealing costumes in MK 11 being replaced with actual motherfucking armor, there is a very high chance someone is going to do a reddit thread about MK 12 accussing Scorpion and Sub-Zero wearing masks of being a political statement about COVID.

This thought sucks and brought me pain so now you have to share that pain with me.

On 3/27/2022 at 7:13 PM, odessasteps said:

Saw GX review this and figured some folks might be interested. Guess it’s around $200. The rotating screen is neat.

There's also a bundle that comes with a trackball/rotator controller with 10 more games.  I'm really tempted to get it for Arkanoid.

25 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Yeah. Qux and Arkanoid were staples of my Apple IIc playing. 

Arkanoid was one of two games that my entire family, including my father who hated computers, played on our Apple IIGS while I was growing up.  The other was Shanghai, the mahjongg game.

Announcement trailer for Hyper Light Breaker

It is indeed the sequel to Hyper Light Drifter

EDIT - Polygon called it a sequel but other places are just saying "set in the same Universe". Take that for whatever it's worth

2 hours ago, tbarrie said:

Whoah, Mappy had a sequel?

It had two (at least) - Hopping Mappy and Mappy Land.  Hopping Mappy is weird and not like the arcade game.  Mappy Land was never released in the arcades, just on NES.  It's...OK.  There's also Mappy Arrangement which was basically the original game but with better graphics and (somehow) worse sound.

The original game is far and away the best, and is one of my all-time favorite games, even if I've never figured out how to get perfect bonus rounds.

Edited by Tabe
  • Thanks 1

On 3/4/2022 at 8:31 AM, JLSigman said:

FF XIV Producer's letter just wrapped up, lots of great stuff, including

• 6.1 coming out mid-April, starting a new phase of the main quest line
  • major changes to the 2.0 main quest dungeons, especially the final three
  • quality of life changes in regards to searching the market board for purchases, marking items that you've received/bought for mounts being marked as used if you have the mount, etc.
  • MOAR GLAMOUR PLATES

No mention of any class changes at the moment, other than a comment that since they are adding multiple savage and ultimate level trials they don't like doing big changes at the same time.

We've got the trailer (FF9 music remix!!!), a release date of April 12, a bunch of life improving changes, and a few minions/hairstyles/etc that feel like April Fool's jokes.

• Like 1

The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe - 4/27/22

"An expanded re-imagining"

Despite it being a Nintendo Switch video it is also coming out on PS4 and PS5 and the XBOX One and XBOS X/S

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe - 4/27/22

"An expanded re-imagining"

Despite it being a Nintendo Switch video it is also coming out on PS4 and PS5 and the XBOX One and XBOS X/S

Will likely get this for PS4/PS5 and it hopefully has a Platinum. Although the original game on Steam has some unobtainable achievements that no one have figured out.