DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 12/17/21

Technico Support

THIS IS RAMPAGE BABY THIS THE SHOW YOU ALL BEEN WAITIN ON

(It's hard to not type the Deadlock version of the next sentence of the lyrics)

SUBMISSION MATCH: Tay Conti vs Penelope Ford.  The vignette for this was awesome.  Here's Conti touting her martial arts background.  And Ford's like "I'm not scared!  I know one submission hold so fuck you!"  Can't wait.

GET EVERYBODY A PAYOFF, PART 1: Young Bucks, Jimmy Chicken, and Adam Cole vs Chaotic Best Friends.  This is going to be sheer lunacy and really fun. 

GET EVERYBODY A PAYOFF, PART 2: Super LAX vs Garcia, 2.0, and The Acclaimed.  This is also going to be fun.  Really, multiman matches can't miss.  Hoping Castor drops some Cypress Hill or Psycho Realm tribute bars, considering the opposition.  Is he bi a lot of things including lingual?

• Like 6

I am not sure how I feel about Mexicans and Puerto Ricans co-existing on the Super LAX team.  MLW seems to be the only fed in the states that understands that Mexicans and Puerto Ricans are supposed to be kayfabe mortal enemies.

If Castor can drop verse that is sicker than Stone Garden, I will eat my shorts.

Not sure why, but I am expecting Conti vs. Ford submission match to be a train wreck and I hope I will be pleasantly surprised.

SuperCliq vs. Team CHAOS will be what it will be.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, J.T. said:

Not sure why, but I am expecting Conti vs. Ford submission match to be a train wreck and I hope I will be pleasantly surprised.

make that 2 of us. but i am confused while they are doing this as a submission match instead of Deeb/Shida, which has seemingly been building towards this exact stip.

• Like 1

Here's my bold prediction: This is gonna be another fun hour of pro wrestling.

I am Gordlow's Shadow.

EDIT: Hey! Waddaya know? Gordstradamus strikes again. 

Another fearless out there prediction? Sure, here ya go: AEW's gonna give us at least three more fun hours of pro wrestling this year. 

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Crazy Tay Conti is the best Tay Conti.  Penelope Ford is awesome.  I loved her odd submissions against Tay's legit looking ones.  Every other match was fucking crazy.  Daniel Garcia getting the pinfall to lead to Garcia/Kingston is fucking awesome.  I am excited for the MOTY versus the Rhodes Brothers.  So much stuff.  AEW RULES!

• Like 6

On the Tay Conti/Penelope Ford submission match, I was hoping it would be MMA inside a cage like Wardlow/Jake Hager was. MMA clothing to go with. Conti would pull it off, Serena Deeb and Hikaru Shida also. Dr Britt Baker would be interesting as it's outside her comfort zone but wanting to do the match to show she can do any style. Still want a WMMA style match to happen in AEW.

Edited by The Natural
  • Thanks 1

Eddie Kingston. A favourite of the board, rightly so. I was bummed Eddie Kingston vs. The then TNT Champion Miro from All Out was never run back with Kingston winning the TNT Championship. We thought that would happen, probably at AEW Dynamite Grand Slam.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
53 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Eddie Kingston. A favourite of the board, rightly so. I was bummed Eddie Kingston vs. The then TNT Champion Miro from All Out was never run back with Kingston winning the TNT Championship. We thought that would happen, probably at AEW Dynamite Grand Slam.

Still can after the screwy finish, since both guys can talk doesnt need to be a belt on the line. 

Got to appreciate Caster's instincts for mischief. Between his goofy grin when Mark Henry started "it's time for the main event" to his glee at seeing a sign on the floor outside, knowing he wanted to use it but having no idea how to so settling for putting it on Kingston's head. 

The opening tag was just what I want at 7am on Saturday morning with my coffee and stollen (it is Christmas week after all). Can't tell what Trent is going for as his face seems to be telling me, "look out! I've snapped! I'm a moody boy now!" but yet he was happy to be in the middle of the hug and didn't swat Yuta away or anything. 

Jungle Boy has developed some real presence, the boy looked like an absolute star hitting the ring tonight. 

• Like 3

Another solid hour of wrestling.  Opener was really good but Trent landing on his neck after getting swept off of the top turnbuckle really freaked me out.

The battle between Ford's pro wrestling subs and Conti's BJJ subs was better than I expected it to be.

Main event was also pretty awesome.  Looking forward to Luchas dropping the tag title to Jurassic Express at Battle of the Belts.. hopefully.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jimbo_Tsuruta said:

Still can after the screwy finish, since both guys can talk doesnt need to be a belt on the line. 

I want Kingston vs Miro in a "Your God doesn't love you" based blood feud.

Miro bemoaning his fallen status as "God's Champion" while Eddie can talk about how God gives you the opportunity but YOU have to take it.

Eddie going into more detail about his struggles and hard work paying off while Miro has millions of dollars, a gorgeous wife & the nerve to sit back and complain about how "bad" he's got it.

The promos alone would be worth a few months of build up before letting them loose, maybe inside a steel cage.

• Like 7

Very light show with the good guys mostly getting the wins. Trent looked better in his gear than just a t-shirt and jeans - or Mox vest. More Kingston vs Garcia, plz. 

I hadn't noticed the jackass with the Let's Go Brandon shirt on Dynamite but seeing homie cheer for the Lucha Bros and P+P was... amusing? 

• Haha 1

I'm not sure how I find myself surprised at the fun and 'embarrassment of riches' a Besties-SuperKliq bout delivers, but here I am exceeding my expectations again.  Everybody in that match was excellent.  Freak out!  Dig it!  Oh yeah!  God bless those good Christian boys.  Ford-Conti also wonderfully exceeded expectations.  MOTY-Rhodes Brothers and Kingston-Garcia are appreciated holiday gifts.  I'm game for Jurrassix-Lucha Bros, but can we find a way to slide a LAX-Lucha Bros match into the mix?  I've heard their Impact bouts were spectacular which is nothing less than what I expect they'd be now.  Throw Santana and Ortiz a goddamned bone already. 

Somehow since their debut 2 point Oh segments/matches are what I look forward to most.

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 2