DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2021 - WEEK 15

Dolfan in NYC

6 minutes ago, elizium said:

Annoying this is, this isn't really going to affect him at all. He'll either go back to TV where people will fawn over him or some program will offer him the keys next year

Exactly, this is why people like him never change.

At least now he has more time to spend at the club with his family.

Guys like him are my biggest gripe with college sports in general.

• Like 1

I'll only disagree that I don't think any major school would hire him anytime soon and he wouldn't go to some rinky-dink school that would just like the publicity since he is too proud. I'd bet that is the end of his coaching career, not necessarily because no one would hire him but he would be too picky to go to anywhere but a major Top 10 college (NFL is out at this point). But he'll definitely go back to being a well paid analyst.

• Like 1

I have been chuckling for the last hour thinking about what Shad Khan must have been thinking the last few months. As every story came out, realizing literally everyone else was right and he had made a horrible, horrible decision. Meyer will now go down as the worst "college to pros" head coach ever, which is an impressive feat considering all the past failures.

• Like 3

There is also the fact that the NFL officially approved a change in the interviewing process in that if a team has fired their coach/told their coach he isn't coming back - they can interview assistant coaches on other teams during the last two weeks of the season.

So the Jags can now interview Byron Leftwich (to pick one name) prior to the playoffs instead of waiting for the team the coach is on to be eliminated from the playoffs

• Like 1

For the longest time, I named a Fallout 4 character "Fuckface McGee" because Codsworth will say "Miss Fuckface!" when addressing you.  Now I have to quit using that name, because this guy deserves the name more, joining the Steelers QB and a few others as people I don't refer to by their real names.  Hope the door kicked you on the way out, Fuckface McGee.  Maybe I will shamelessly steal "Dick Shittens" from @Tromatagon as a future FO4 character instead.

Edited by Contentious C
  • Like 1

Yeah.  I was chatting with Rippa.  The local Columbus news has treated Urban being fired as a big deal this morning.  Because...Ohio State Zombies.  And the media was hitting randos on the street and OSU campus for reactions to mostly shoulder shrugs.

MYYYYYYY personal conspiracy theory (grain of salt) is there is genuine concern Ryan Day is jumping to the Bears to be their next head coach.  (This part is legit.  The rumors are all over the place.  Locally there is not cold fear since the media has been pushing that Day is paid too much.  It's the Boston MO of shitting on a person on the potential way out if you will.)

And I could clearly see...and this is both too good and too infuriating...Ohio State hiring Urban back in a heartbeat.  (OK.  The Urban rehire is a stretch but he still is loved in the town and by the media.  Whether OSU wants to go through that again is another story.)

My guess is Urban does TV again.  But no one should be shocked if he lands back at Ohio State.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I guess the kicker story is the one that finally put then over the edge. It was coming, though, it was going hilariously awful.

Gave them more public cover/cause for sure.

• Like 1

Red McCombs is probably screaming in the Texas AD's ear right now, ordering him to dump Sarkisian and give Urban $150M.  It won't happen, especially with Sarkisian doing ridiculously well recruiting, but I'm absolutely sure that's what McCombs and his buddies want.

2 hours ago, EdA said:

Yeah.  I was chatting with Rippa.  The local Columbus news has treated Urban being fired as a big deal this morning.  Because...Ohio State Zombies.  And the media was hitting randos on the street and OSU campus for reactions to mostly shoulder shrugs.

MYYYYYYY personal conspiracy theory (grain of salt) is there is genuine concern Ryan Day is jumping to the Bears to be their next head coach.  (This part is legit.  The rumors are all over the place.  Locally there is not cold fear since the media has been pushing that Day is paid too much.  It's the Boston MO of shitting on a person on the potential way out if you will.)

And I could clearly see...and this is both too good and too infuriating...Ohio State hiring Urban back in a heartbeat.  (OK.  The Urban rehire is a stretch but he still is loved in the town and by the media.  Whether OSU wants to go through that again is another story.)

My guess is Urban does TV again.  But no one should be shocked if he lands back at Ohio State.

As a Buckeye fan,  I could see this happening and I don't even think it would bother me. I'm already out of college sports in general,  but this isn't any worse than Louisville hiring Bobby Petrino after the motorcycle incident. 

11 hours ago, elizium said:

Annoying thing is, this isn't really going to affect him at all. He'll either go back to TV where people will fawn over him or some program will offer him the keys next year

He already had Brady Quinn gushing all over him this week, saying that all of Urban's problems are the local Jacksonville media not having access to him so they make up stories.

• Haha 2

So,  if you're asymptomatic on Saturday,  you can play on Sunday? What if you develop symptoms on Sunday night or Monday morning? That doesn't really make sense. The symptoms aren't the fucking disease the disease is the disease. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

A little more clarity - you have to test negative once first (instead of the two negative tests required right now)

It isn't letting someone who is still testing positive play

Ok, this makes much more sense,  but it's further evidence that we're never going to be the same. We've given up on even trying to end this pandemic. We're much more focused on keeping the money train rolling than protecting the populace. Capitalism is going to end us all. 

• Like 2

Well we have reached peak yelling

Case Keenum tested positive so the Browns now are down their top 2 QBs

Baker Mayfield is yelling at the NFL on Twitter

and the NFLPA is yelling at the NFL to move the Browns/Ravens game (interesting that that is the only game they want moved)