DVDVR Message Board

SDL is Toni! Tony! Tone! - 12/10/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Charlotte/Toni was disappointing.

Naomi/Sonya was more an angle than a match. Guess it made sense with how they built Xia up though I kind of wish they hadn't advertised her debut.

I skipped around most everything else. Smackdown has been disappointing these past few weeks.

• Like 1

Was Naomi wearing Virgil's old gear? It would have made much more sense if they'd gotten this Team Naomi vs Team Sonya angle going a few weeks ago so they could have both gotten groups together to face off at Survivor Series. That would have been a hell of a lot more interesting and made more sense than what they went with.

If they're going to stretch the Charlotte/Toni program out a bit then fine, but having Toni squashed like this isn't doing her any favors.

I tried to remember if there was anything I was forgetting, but nope there were only four matches, two of which were 4 minutes or less. Nothing against Sheamus or Drew but the two of them facing off is tired as hell.

• Like 1

I think what annoys me most is we have no idea why Sonya even hates Naomi? She talks all the time, why can't she just do one promo where she says "Let me tell you about this bitch..." i don't even care at this point if its a stupid reason. Just give me a reason!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Phil4126 said:

I think what annoys me most is we have no idea why Sonya even hates Naomi? She talks all the time, why can't she just do one promo where she says "Let me tell you about this bitch..." i don't even care at this point if its a stupid reason. Just give me a reason!

She has said she just doesn't think Naomi is good enough to be on Smackdown multiple times, and faces have suggested jealousy.

5 hours ago, Eivion said:

She has said she just doesn't think Naomi is good enough to be on Smackdown multiple times, and faces have suggested jealousy.

FaceBOOK insists Sonya's racist. Whether they mean the character or the actual person, I don't know.

And frankly, I don't want to know. ?

23 hours ago, L_W_P said:

It looked... fine... on TV but damn, it must look awkward AF to the people in the arena.

Also I hate that she took the time to go through her full war dance/pose/taunting suite on her way down the aisle when she was coming to save Naomi from a 3 on 1 beatdown.

How I wished Sonya and co would have just hopped in the ring and kicked Naomi's ass while this was all happening.

exxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxit light

*smokes*

ennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnter night

*drinks*

taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake my hand

*hits self in head with kendo stick*

we're off to never never land!

*finally rushes the ring*

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dog said:

FaceBOOK insists Sonya's racist. Whether they mean the character or the actual person, I don't know.

And frankly, I don't want to know. ?

To be fair it would help if WWE gave slightly more sensible reasons considering Naomi's history as a 2x Smackdown Women's champ.