DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 12/10/2021

Somewhat lost in Hookamania is Trent's evident heel turn. Was pissed they weren't talking about him during the pre-main promo, and ate the triple BTE Trigger at the end ("Where were you guys?!").

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hayabusa said:

Swear I thought Hook was cosplaying Adon. If D-vons twins resurface in AEW they need to get some trios going with Hook imo*

*Best case for why I shouldn't fantasy book pro wres.

Looks more like Joe to me, minus the headband this is pretty much Hook:

joe-higashi-cvs2-capcom-artwork.jpg

8 hours ago, Dog said:

Somewhat lost in Hookamania is Trent's evident heel turn. Was pissed they weren't talking about him during the pre-main promo, and ate the triple BTE Trigger at the end ("Where were you guys?!").

Even during the entrance Yuta fist bumped him and Trent gave him this kidna disgusted look like "the hell?"

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Go2Sleep said:

I really don't see much value in a Trent heel turn. He's basically a second Frankie Kazarian if he goes solo. A better angle would be Yuta turning as the tension between the two rises.

The only question is which of the sixteen million factions (including the one Danielson eventually wants with Garcia) does Yuta end up in.

2 hours ago, Dog said:

Surely you mean Hook's faction, featuring Danielson as Starscream.

Not that I'm advocating Danielson as anybody's second banana, but he'd make a really good Starscream.

Trent's heel turn tease smells faintly of the the angle they were running with Chuck in NJPW, which I always assumed was a red herring for somebody else's turn. Heel Trent does nothing for me and even less for Trent.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 1

I agree with most of that clip, including the bit where they talk about how Dominik Mysterio would have been better served by going to AEW, but my mind is boggled by the idea that his character's failure when compared to Hook is just WWE's fault. Hook and Dominik could be used as the absolute textbook example of the difference between great wrestling screen presence and irredeemable anti charisma. Hook has managed to come across as a magnetic cult character by standing around looking mean for 95% of his screen time, to the point of becoming a meme. Dominik has always seemed like an awkward, gangly rich teen whose Dad has coaxed him away from Fortnite for the night to try and do something constructive with his life. He's AJ Soprano without the Slipknot t-shirts.

If he'd gone to AEW they'd have given him a big debut tag match with Rey and then hustled him off to Dark with Brock Anderson for however many years it took him to sprout a personality, or at least come up with a cool mask. I don't listen to the Bryan and Vinny show, so I don't know if they're regularly that wrong about a thing, but even as someone who didn't start regularly skipping Raw until the last couple of years, I can't envisage a time where Dominik wouldn't be a one man fast forward prompt.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, SturmCRF said:

I agree with most of that clip, including the bit where they talk about how Dominik Mysterio would have been better served by going to AEW, but my mind is boggled by the idea that his character's failure when compared to Hook is just WWE's fault. Hook and Dominik could be used as the absolute textbook example of the difference between great wrestling screen presence and irredeemable anti charisma. Hook has managed to come across as a magnetic cult character by standing around looking mean for 95% of his screen time, to the point of becoming a meme. Dominik has always seemed like an awkward, gangly rich teen whose Dad has coaxed him away from Fortnite for the night to try and do something constructive with his life. He's AJ Soprano without the Slipknot t-shirts.

If he'd gone to AEW they'd have given him a big debut tag match with Rey and then hustled him off to Dark with Brock Anderson for however many years it took him to sprout a personality, or at least come up with a cool mask. I don't listen to the Bryan and Vinny show, so I don't know if they're regularly that wrong about a thing, but even as someone who didn't start regularly skipping Raw until the last couple of years, I can't envisage a time where Dominik wouldn't be a one man fast forward prompt.

Totally agree with this take. Additional supporting evidence being the success of Steiner in the very same WWE. I believe this is a “it’s the Jimmy’s and the Joe’s, not the X’s and the O’s” situation. 

This was a pretty damn good hour of wrestling. The only complaint I have is that The Bunny is a stupid ass name unless she wears the damn bunny mask. Without it she feels like another generic blonde wrestler. She's perfectly fine,  but her look used to be really unique.  With that said,  she does have really good natural heel charisma. She kind of has bad posture,  but it is kind of a key to her body language. She looks like she's kind of skulking around ready to do something dastardly.  Both her and Penelope Ford come off as terrible people in the best way possible. Just wear the damn mask out to the ring,  it sets her apart from the other 14 blonde girls on the roster. 

• Like 3