DVDVR Message Board

UFC 269: Oliveira vs. Poirier (12/11/2021) - Las Vegas, NV (T-Mobile Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

25 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Julianna Pena went from catastrophic, possible career ending leg injury to motherhood to undisputed UFC champion in a huge upset. Full circle, ladies and gentlemen.

Well I got my UFC Mom prediction right in the Yearly Thread but I sure didn't think Pena was going to be the one to do it! 

• Haha 1

Great show. A massive massive MMA upset as Julianna Pena submits Amanda Nunes with a Rear Naked Choke in the second round to become the new UFC Women's Bantamweight Champion. One of the biggest MMA upsets ever. Top three minimum.

Edited by The Natural

1 hour ago, TheVileOne said:

Oliveira won the vacant title in May. McGregor vs. Poirier 3 happened in July. Third McGregor fight was pointless.

PPV points, money, wins the trilogy. Third fight didn't take anything out of Dustin and in the end we still got Oliveira vs. Poirier.

I meant to say that in my original reply to you:

1 hour ago, The Natural said:

OIP.CLWn24b8aQHST8sd1cIBfgHaD0?pid=ImgDe

1 hour ago, TheVileOne said:

Poirier should've fought for the title instead of a McGregor rematch.

Shocking that Nunes lost, but no one is on top forever unless you're Floyd Mayweather. 

1 hour ago, A_K said:

Cody's clinic against Cruz is still relatively fresh in the memory. Absolutely absurd how his career folded since that fight.

One of the biggest falls in MMA history going from 11-0 beating the Bantamweight GOAT Dominick Cruz for the UFC Bantamweight Championship to 1-5 with 4 by KO/TKO. Cody has speed and power but that chin, man.

Edited by The Natural

The irony of Cody is he was always a bit of a boisterous head case & at the time many (myself included) thought those emotions would be his downfall against the cool as ice Cruz. Instead he clowned on Cruz like no other fighter in history: that wasn’t a victory, that fight was a complete and utter humiliation for Cruz. All that ‘Cruz movement’ schtick and Cody just put it to him in extreme style.

Since conquering that Dragon, Cody has devolved so rapidly that he now sounds extremely punch drunk at the grand old age of 30. Is it the back injury that did for him? Maybe 

6 hours ago, The Natural said:

Dana White feeling generous with $50,000 bonuses:

He should have been a bit more generous. Erin Blanchfield's shut-out against Miranda Maverick was bonus worthy. The fact that there wasn't a finish should be irrelevant.

Great show.

• Like 2