DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2021 - WEEK 14

Dolfan in NYC

10 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I have no idea how we ended up with 2 overtime games

it took the Bengals about 55 minutes to remember the 49ers have no CBs + the usual Kyle Shanahan 4th quarter wilt

The Buffalo Bills and the Curse of the Monkey's Paw: A play in three acts:

Act I:

Bills fans (pregame) : "At least the one good thing is that there's no more painful way to lose then last week."

(Monkey's paw curls)

Act 2:

Bills Fans (Halftime): "At least there's no more painful way to lose than not showing up this week"

(monkey's paw curls)

Act 3:

Bills Fans (Start of OT): Yes! What heart by the team, there's no way we're going to lose now..

(monkey's paw curls, and ends up giving the middle finger to Bills fans)

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

The Buffalo Bills and the Curse of the Monkey's Paw: A play in three acts:

Act I:

Bills fans (pregame) : "At least the one good thing is that there's no more painful way to lose then last week."

(Monkey's paw curls)

Act 2:

Bills Fans (Halftime): "At least there's no more painful way to lose than not showing up this week"

(monkey's paw curls)

Act 3:

Bills Fans (Start of OT): Yes! What heart by the team, there's no way we're going to lose now..

(monkey's paw curls, and ends up giving the middle finger to Bills fans)

I can assure you that no true Bills fan thought they were winning once OT started.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Giants just ran a flea flicker screen that was incomplete by like 40 feet

Look, I get what he was going for in this, but this has a very "Allen Iverson complaining about practice" level of out of context replay-ability if Joe doesn't turn around the team quickly. 

3 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Look, I get what he was going for in this, but this has a very "Allen Iverson complaining about practice" level of out of context replay-ability if Joe doesn't turn around the team quickly. 

What is really frustrating is that by all accounts - at least from the NY reporters - is that John Mara really really really doesn't want to fire Judge and will possibly tell a new GM that Judge at least needs to be the coach next season. (It is a combination of apparently "Judge has command of the locker room", the fact that Jason Garrett was forced on him as OC and that Mara doesn't want the Giants to be known as a team who keeps firing their coach after two seasons)

Now that being said - if the Giants lose all their remaining games, most figure that Mara will let the new GM do whatever the fuck they want

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Urban should have taken the USC job. 

The funny part about all of this is we all saw it coming. I can't think of anyone who I've heard say that they liked the Urban Meyer hire. The hilarious thing is that NFL.com is where some of these reports have come from. NFL.com isn't exactly hard hitting journalism,  they aren't out here firing coaches like local newspapers or radio stations.  They are literally there to make everyone associated with the NFL look as good as possible. The NFL propaganda arm decided,  fuck this guy,  and wrote a scathing article about him. 

• Like 2