DVDVR Message Board

2021-22 NCAAF - GOIN' BOWLING!

Dolfan in NYC

Honestly - the best game of the month is happening tonight

James Madison at North Dakota St in one of the two FCS semifinals

(the other is South Dakota St at Montana St tomorrow)

12 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

But Nebraska did just have the greatest 3-9 season ever.

That's not even really a joke.

They sure found a lot of ways to almost win this year.

Yea that's what I am referencing. I had no issue (in real time) with the call the WR was inbounds as it did look like his shoulder hit the ground before he got out, but the clock started early with the referee still in the way, so that part was really bad. I just didn't like the commentators AFTER the game was over not focusing on that, but asking "was it a catch? was he out of bounds? what was the call?" even though I thought that was settled when they did a 1st down play.

13 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Oh boy the ending to the NIU/CCU game:

Why can't the common sense CFL rule of allowing a final untimed down be adopted in the US game?

I may tune in to the Jimmy Kimmel LA Bowl just to watch the announcers fulfill their contractual obligation to say "Jimmy KImmel LA Bowl" every few minutes.  What a terrible, awkward name.

I really miss the days when bowl games had names that were easy to understand and remember instead of some awkward sponsor name.  When did that start?  Blockbuster Bowl?  That's the first one I remember.  i have a hard time recognizing bowls anymore because I'm never sure if it's a new game or just an established bowl game with a new title sponsor.

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti

4 hours ago, Tarheel Moneghetti said:

I may tune in to the Jimmy Kimmel LA Bowl just to watch the announcers fulfill their contractual obligation to say "Jimmy KImmel LA Bowl" every few minutes.  What a terrible, awkward name.

I really miss the days when bowl games had names that were easy to understand and remember instead of some awkward sponsor name.  When did that start?  Blockbuster Bowl?  That's the first one I remember.  i have a hard time recognizing bowls anymore because I'm never sure if it's a new game or just an established bowl game with a new title sponsor.

The sponsoring of bowls started in 1986 with the Sunkist Fiesta Bowl, more bowls followed suit in 1987. The first bowl with just the sponsor name was the John Hancock Bowl aka Sun Bowl in 1989. The Blockbuster Bowl started up in 1990, the same year we got the Poulan Weed Eater Independence Bowl. 

• Like 3

COVID policy notes for this year's playoffs

Teams can advance and even win the National title via forfeit

The title game - scheduled for Jan 10 - can be pushed back as far as Jan 14

If both teams can't play in the Championship game - the game will be off and the title declared vacant

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

A&M is out of the Gator Bowl due to COVID

Only way game will take place is if Gator Bowl can find a replacement and for that too happen another bowl needs to fall apart

Sadly the Blake Bost as QB1 era ends for the Texas Aggies.  

I'd like to say I'm surprised that the Ags are the first team to have this happen, but I'm trying to teach my six year old the value of honesty.  So yeah, I'm not even remotely surprised.

1 hour ago, Robert C said:

Sadly the Blake Bost as QB1 era ends for the Texas Aggies.  

I'd like to say I'm surprised that the Ags are the first team to have this happen, but I'm trying to teach my six year old the value of honesty.  So yeah, I'm not even remotely surprised.

Apparently Bost is one of the covid cases.  So the next QB option was an injured WR running the option.  Ags probably didn't try too hard to make this game happen after Bost came up positive.