DVDVR Message Board

2022 NCAAF OFF-SEASON

EVA

I honestly won't be shocked if the PAC 12 collapses or becomes essentially "The Mountain West with a more established name."

Oregon and Washington have to be looking for an exit, and Oregon State age Wazoo have to be praying they can somehow hitch a ride with them. Stanford might have value somewhere from having a decent football program and improving a conference's academic standing, but not a whole lot. Colorado can maybe crawl back to the Big XII with their tails tucked between their legs Utah, the two Arizona schools and Cal are pretty much fucked (and, honestly, the two PNW State schools are too.)

Edited by Brian Fowler

I feel like Oregon and Washington end up in the B1G. Somehow that just feels more "right" than the SEC or ACC. 

After that, I think we get a diaspora with the rest of the schools and the Pac-12 evaporates. 

20 hours ago, Robert C said:

I’m still wishing for the maximum chaos scenario - Notre Dame to the SEC. 

Around here, I don't think anyone actually cares if ND joins the ACC or B1G, but if they joined the SEC, I guarantee there would be all kinds of billboards all around town talking shit about it.

29 minutes ago, Chaos said:

God bless SEC Media Days and its media poll. Someone picked Vandy to win the SEC. It had as many SEC Champion votes as.... Texas A&M. 

To be fair, Vandy has about the same chance of winning the SEC as my Aggies do.  A&M is obviously the better team, but neither of them is winning the conference this year.  

3 minutes ago, Robert C said:

To be fair, Vandy has about the same chance of winning the SEC as my Aggies do.  A&M is obviously the better team, but neither of them is winning the conference this year.  

I just think someone got hyped up over Clark Lea's "we're going to be the best program in the country eventually" comment. 

3 minutes ago, Robert C said:

Are we sure it's too late? 

Somewhere in the NCAA's mountain lair there is a brainstorming session with "Timecop???" underlined three times on a whiteboard.

• Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

Wouldn't the courts strike down any law that limits what a player can make from NIL? Also, it seems to me that Auburn boosters and Bama boosters via Saban to Manchin basically want a salary cap since they won't be able to compete with the big money boosters at Texas and Oklahoma.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34343197/senators-tommy-tuberville-joe-manchin-working-sec-bill-tackle-nil

• Like 1

https://sports.yahoo.com/oklahoma-wr-coach-cale-gundy-resigns-says-he-used-shameful-and-hurtful-word-in-film-session-041809856.html

"I am mature enough to know that the word I said was shameful and hurtful, no matter my intention."

Well, that's... Interesting.

Wake's Sam Hartman has been announced as being out indefinitely with non-football-related medical condition

Dave Clawson said that Hartman has a "medical procedure" to address the issue and he (Hartman) will be back this season

After workouts on Tuesday, Hartman sought medical attention for a condition unrelated to football, according to the school. Details on the condition were withheld due to privacy restrictions. Medical personnel ran tests on Hartman and determined he should be withheld from competition indefinitely.

"Tuesday was a frustrating day, but I am extremely grateful for our medical staff and for Dr. Chris Miles and Niles Fleet for staying with me throughout this process," Hartman said in a statement released by the school. "I look forward to attacking this rehabilitation process and I am so appreciative of the support I have received from my family, teammates and coaches."