DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2021 - WEEK 12

Dolfan in NYC

I can safely say the first half drove us all mad.  People here were yelling and slamming things on the floor like they had lots of money riding on the game.  But somehow it worked out with the Ravens winning though I'm hoping for much less insanity next week.

10 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Somehow Jackson threw four picks and still looked like the better QB

Looked like?!?!?! Lamar Jackson could throw 46 INTs and be better than Baker Mayfield. The Browns have kind of given up on the idea of wide receivers.  Their base set is 3 TEs, which is an admittance of Baker's complete inability to go down field. Jackson is flawed, but he's consistently good to great. Baker at his best wasn't consistently good and he's never been great. 

• Like 1

That class is something like:

1. Allen or Jackson, depends on the game.

3. Getting hit by a truck.

4. Mayfield.

5. Getting hit by a bigger truck.

6. Darnold.. . . .

25. Getting the darth vader treatment(lose three limbs and 3rd degree burns over most your body)

26. Rosen.

2 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

That class is something like:

1. Allen or Jackson, depends on the game.

3. Getting hit by a truck.

4. Mayfield.

5. Getting hit by a bigger truck.

6. Darnold.. . . .

25. Getting the darth vader treatment(lose three limbs and 3rd degree burns over most your body)

26. Rosen.

Jackson is #1. He the single least defensible player in football. If he's your quarterback you don't even have to have competent skill position talent. Allen can be great,  but he's also on a team that is built extremely well to highlight his strengths. Jackson has won multiple games this year because the Ravens have him and the other team doesn't. Allen has shown that he can be kind of a liability when shit goes bad. Jackson just moves on to the next opportunity to do something no one else on earth can do. 

26 minutes ago, nofuture said:

If you gave me one try a day for the rest of my life, I don't think I'd ever be able to spell that. I try really hard to pronounce people's names right,  because I think it's disrespectful not to,  and I don't think I've ever got Tagovailoa correct. Now I want him to become a hall of fame caliber player and then insist people call him by his full name. If he's just good,  no one will listen,  but if he gets to be great, they will. 

• Like 1