DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling - 11/18/21: Kaze Ni Nare

Good setups for Turning Point throughout the night. the IInspiration looked great and Brandi Lauren was awesome, really coming into her own in the undead bridesmaid role. It won't happen but I'd still love to see Mercedes as champ, great promo from her. The KISS Demon still rules.  Alexander/Suzuki was indeed awesome. Badass main event as expected.  Next week, WrestleHouse returns!

Results:

Spoiler

*Before the Impact Preshow Match: Brian Myers def. Sam Beale (7:46) after two Roster Cut clotheslines. After the match, Myers delivered a conchairto to Beale. Rich Swann & Willie Mack came down to run off Myers. 

Impact Wrestling - Airing November 18, 2021 from Las Vegas, NV

*Steve Maclin def. Laredo Kid (6:27) with Mayhem For All. As a result, Maclin is added to the X Division Championship match at Turning Point.

*The IInspiration (Cassie Lee & Jessie McKay) def. The Undead Bridesmaids (Kimber Lee & Brandi Lauren) (7:36) when McKay pinned Lauren after a double team powerbomb. After the match, Decay (Rosemary, Havok, Black Taurus, & Crazzy Steve) surrounded the IInspiration in the ring and taunted them with the knockouts tag team championships.

*Moose and Eddie Edwards brawled out from the back to the ring. They hit each other with steel chairs. Eddie got the upper hand and climbed a ladder with Moose laid out on a table but Moose was able to escape.

*Doc Gallows (w/ Karl Anderson) def. Hikuleo (w/ El Phantasmo & Chris Bey) (6:46) with the Gallows Pole after raking the eyes behind the ref's back.

*The KISS Demon & Decay (Black Taurus & Crazzy Steve) def. Johnny Swinger, Hernandez, & Fallah Bahh (3:16) when The Demon used a cobra clutch on Swinger.

*Josh Alexander def. Minoru Suzuki (14:56) after the C4 Spike

I only paid attention to this intermittently but the Iconics freaking out over the spoopy boopy TNA haunters, Dale Torborg, and the return of WRESTLE HOUSE got me pumped. It feels like prime not-trying-to-be-serious Impact again.

Spoiler

Plus, Suzuki willing to lay down for Josh Alexander was a class move, especially with his wife standing right there. The piledriver was super gnarly too.

• Like 1

Oh man, Josh Alexander and Minoru Suzuki was fucking awesome,  I loved that Minoru Suzuki did some crazy tricked out matwork and Alexander reciprocated.  Alexander has the nastiest finisher on TV.  The second best match was Doc Gallows/Hikuleo.  Hikuleo's powerslam is superb!  The third best match was Sam Beale vs Brian Myers since Myers rules the world.  The only crappy match was the Demon match.  JOSH ALEXANDER!

• Like 4

• 5 months later...

Caught the main event on Pluto. It ruled. Suzuki Is one of my favorite wrestlers he’s just a tough old bastard more so looking for a fight than he is a win and Alexander brought him a fight. They wrestled in the ring to start, then they went outside of the ring and started beating the shit outta each other. Suzuki did a running boot straight to the face of Alexander resulting in Alexander rolling down the ramp. I liked that spot. They end up in the ring and start wrestling again and that’s when shit really starts getting good. Minoru turns up the heat and so does Alexander. They told the story of Alexander having to reach deeper and be tougher and keep fighting if he was to stand a chance against Suzuki. And Alexander did just they he rolled out of holds he countered a piledriver into a back body drop and I agree with Dean that C4 strike is Gnarly as hell. 

Oh and Wrestle House 2 starts “next week”

Edited by Web Conn
  • Like 1