DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2021 - WEEK 10

Dolfan in NYC

Halfway through season (stupid off number of games now) - lets look at Tankathon

1. Detroit (0-8, .548)

2. Houston (1-8, .514)

3. Philadelphia (via Miami) (2-7, .496)

4. NY Jets (2-6, .476)

5. Jacksonville (2-6, .493)

6. Washington (2-6, .542)

7. Philadelphia (3-6, .468)

8. NY Giants (3-6, .507)

9. NY Giants (via Chicago) (3-6, .531)

10. Miami (via San Fran) (3-5, .510)

11. NY Jets (via Seattle) (3-5, .517)

12. Minnesota (3-5, .531)

That is everyone with 3 or fewer wins. The Giants have 5 games remaining against teams slotted in the first 10 picks. 

34 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Halfway through season (stupid off number of games now) - lets look at Tankathon

1. Detroit (0-8, .548)

2. Houston (1-8, .514)

3. Philadelphia (via Miami) (2-7, .496)

4. NY Jets (2-6, .476)

5. Jacksonville (2-6, .493)

6. Washington (2-6, .542)

7. Philadelphia (3-6, .468)

8. NY Giants (3-6, .507)

9. NY Giants (via Chicago) (3-6, .531)

10. Miami (via San Fran) (3-5, .510)

11. NY Jets (via Seattle) (3-5, .517)

12. Minnesota (3-5, .531)

That is everyone with 3 or fewer wins. The Giants have 5 games remaining against teams slotted in the first 10 picks. 

Is there a sure-fire consensus #1 pick this year? I know MSU has that great RB but he could win the Heisman and still likely fall into the 20s just because he's a RB and the Giants already have Barkley. 

No consensus #1.  I've seen mocks with the Lions taking everything from an OL to an EDGE or a CB.  

The one consensus about this draft is it's supposed to be paper thin for QB's.  And if Detroit ends up at #1, they are probably going to have to give Goff another year (especially because he's been playing fine for a team that's 0-8)

• Like 2

Looking at it from the perspective of a player, this emphasis on taunting sucks. Players are full of emotion and energy and playing their hearts out. It's only natural to celebrate when they do something good. For 20 years firing up and woo'ing in a guy's face has been legal. Now it's not. So they have to erase 20 years of learned behavior while working their ass off and draining their emotion tanks? No sir, I don't like it.

Looking at a sideline 15 yards away after you get a sack is taunting? He didn't speak. He didn't pose. He stared onto their side of the field. Someone explain to me how every time a receiver or RB gets a first down and gets to do the taunting point thing isn't taunting, but looking a certain way is.

I get their thought process with it. But they are over thinking it. This isn't a scholarly endeavor where you want to project an air of class. It's fucking football. It's jacked up dudes running around hitting each other. Quit trying to be something you're not. Football isn't about projecting class. It's a game. It's supposed to be fun, for both the viewers and the participants. Get off your high horses and let football be football.

• Like 3

Odell is "honing in" on New Orleans, Green Bay, and Kansas City.  

New England apparently kicked the tires yesterday, but it's not really expected to become anything more than due diligence.  Philly was supposedly interested too.

• Like 1

If I was OBJ I wouldn't be worried about money at all for the two months remaining of the season. It would just be about the team structure and if he thought he could do some quick image/on-field rehab so that in the offseason he can get a big contract again. I mean obviously he is only going to a playoff contender, but if if he gets picky about money its going to be interesting.

• Like 4

Money for half a season should be the last  thing on OBJ's mind, so I fully expect him to argue with whichever teams try to sign him about money.

On 11/9/2021 at 10:16 AM, RIPPA said:

Awww... the Chris Blewitt era is over in Washington

Are you trying to say he had his chance and.... failed to capitalize?

Edited by Tarheel Moneghetti
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5