DVDVR Message Board

Smackdown Dances Like No One Is Watching - 11/5/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Naomi/Baszler was a little rough at one moment but generally decent. They should have just let Naomi have her moment this week and let Sonya screw next week.

Shotzi's promo was decent, but it still feels wrong for Shotzi to be a heel, especially in a feud with Sasha Banks. On the other hand with how much Sasha is loved maybe its for the best.

Dug all of the stuff with Blood Line/New Day.

It feels a little weird how both shows are focusing on their own brand instead of the usual SS brand vs. brand bs. I'd love it if they were actually dropping the latter.

Just catching up with SD.

- They somehow managed to drain all the energy from Shotzi. Her promo felt so forced.

- Humberto & Angel are basically the new Primo & Epico.  

- Drew v Ricochet was fun while it lasted.

- Happy Talk should not work at all, but it somehow does.  The Viking raiders telling anyone that their gimmick “is corny and sucks” is a bit rich.  Corbin and Moss are really great cartoonish douchebags and the type of dudes you want to see get their ass kicked.

New Day versus Bloodline is pretty fucking great. King Xavier and Kofi are really fun doing the royalty shtick. But they were even better eating the beat down after the match, especially Kofi screaming in pain. Great segments from two all-time stables.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, StuntmanCrowley said:

For as much shit gets talked on the Young Bucks standing tall at the end of a good portion of AEW shows, I don't see the same ire directed at Roman and the Usos.  I've been a huge fan of Roman's run, but this is starting to seem like overkill to me.

Heel Roman was a character development that should have happened a long time ago and is some of the best work he's ever done. However, the schtick is really nearing its sell-by date, especially with how repetitive it's getting.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

What purpose does this post serve?

Nah @D.ZI'm serious. You've had a bunch of posts in the last few weeks where I've bit my lip because you're posting like a full on fucking troll. I mean I could have replied saying another episode of Smackdown where they sold 300 less tickets than Rampage. Yumola. But I didn't. Because that's fucking dumb. Dial it back a bit. Just trying to force some drama into these threads for no reason man.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Nah @D.ZI'm serious. You've had a bunch of posts in the last few weeks where I've bit my lip because you're posting like a full on fucking troll. I mean I could have replied saying another episode of Smackdown where they sold 300 less tickets than Rampage. Yumola. But I didn't. Because that's fucking dumb. Dial it back a bit. Just trying to force some drama into these threads for no reason man.

I'm not kidding when I say he's a troll bot that likely should have been banned long ago.  There's just nothing of value in most of the posts and until the ban is best just to be ignored.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I'm not kidding when I say he's a troll bot that likely should have been banned long ago.  There's just nothing of value in most of the posts and until the ban is best just to be ignored.

He post news and the mocking/troll shit is done by people here all over. Not sure how he is any worse than half the people here other than his views don't align with your own.

If you don't like him then put him on ignore.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Eivion said:

He post news and the mocking/troll shit is done by people here all over. Not sure how he is any worse than half the people here other than his views don't align with your own.

If you don't like him then put him on ignore.

It has nothing about views aligning. It has to do with posting like a petulant fucking child.

That goes for everyone, no matter if your preferred promotion is WWE, AEW, Impact, or Ra-ka-king. If the whole point of your post is equivalent to sticking your hands in your ears and going nah-nah nah-nah no thanks, go do that shit on reddit or twitter.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

It has nothing about views aligning. It has to do with posting like a petulant fucking child.

That goes for everyone, no matter if your preferred promotion is WWE, AEW, Impact, or Ra-ka-king. If the whole point of your post is equivalent to sticking your hands in your ears and going nah-nah nah-nah no thanks, go do that shit on reddit or twitter.

While I don't disagree generally speaking, until it stops board wide I see no reason to go out of the way to single him out, especially with someone going as far to say he should have been banned long ago. He doesn't start fights and basically takes shit from people here in stride, choosing to mostly ignore them.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

So you're yelling at the ENTIRE FUCKING BOARD then, right?  Because THAT'S LITERALlY 90% OF THE WRESTLING SECTION'S POSTS.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Eivion said:

While I don't disagree generally speaking, until it stops board wide I see no reason to go out of the way to single him out, especially with someone going as far to say he should have been banned long ago. He doesn't start fights and basically takes shit from people here in stride, choosing to mostly ignore them.

Can you direct me to any other posters who post this way? I haven't noticed any, but I don't visit every thread.

But also is murder wrong, or is murder only wrong when you tell that other guy to stop murdering first? You don't have to whataboutism this. You can just agree that shit posting should probably stop.

I personally don't want to put him on ignore because he does post good news and insights a lot. I don't want him banned or removed or anything like that. I just want him to stop posting like a four year old to pop himself.

4 minutes ago, Raziel said:

So you're yelling at the ENTIRE FUCKING BOARD then, right?  Because THAT'S LITERALlY 90% OF THE WRESTLING SECTION'S POSTS.

To be fair, only @Pete likes Ring Ka King.  

And yes, he can be pretty obnoxious about it.  ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1