DVDVR Message Board

Aaron Rodgers Very Big Dumpster Fire Thread

hammerva

Oh they are absolutely complicit.  But they essentially answer to nobody (yes, the fans, but lol). 

I'm sure there's a reporter or two out there (the ones who have a VERY good reason to be furious about this), who have been told who 1. isn't vaccinated and 2. they should keep their mouths shut about.  If Goddell essentially does nothing about this egregious violation, it will be interesting to see how they react.  Leaking to a site that doesn't care about ACCESS~ seems like a good way to go. 

So, basically expect Defector and/or Vice to have an unvax list published by Thanksgiving, is all I'm saying. 

Yeah.  Phil and I are discussing this.  It is established that Rodgers is a moron and a weasel about this.  Let's move on to how the hell the NFL even let things get punted this far.

I work from home.  I am the most inessential person in the company.  If I get fired today no one notices.  The company I work for is nothing.  They could go out of business tomorrow and no one notices.

I had to take a pic of my vax card and email to HR for them to track who was vaccinated.

The NFL is a multi-BILLION dollar corporation.  You could argue it is a top 10 corporation in America.

The NFL could not build a database for the roughly (spitballing here) 5000+ players/coaches/staff members?  And then demand pics of vax cards be sent to them so they have proof (even if it is a faked card) of yay or nay?

The NFL punted this on the teams to track.  How can a multi-billion dollar corporation punt that all on the teams when it would have taken minimal effort and money to track?

Edited by EdA
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, EdA said:

The NFL punted this on the teams to track.  How can a multi-billion dollar corporation punt that all on the teams when it would have taken minimal effort and money to track?

I'm guessing they tested the waters here and found the pushback was probably a lot more than they expected. Whether that's from the anti-vax politicians, the players, the union, or whomever.  So, rather than have mandates saying "get vaccinated or you don't play in the NFL", like the NBA did, they put all that enforcement on the teams.  

Also, I don't know what the CBA says about disease protocol enforcement, but since they seem to outsource concussions to the teams too, I'm guessing that's language that's written in there.  And we're all extremely aware there are players who are on the field who should not be, under any circumstances.  So this does seem par for the sleazy course. 

• Like 2

Which...sure.  If the NFLPA actually had....you know...the guts and power to fight the league and all.  Which....yeah.

So we're just saying everyone involved is just lazy and negligent?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, EdA said:

Which...sure.  If the NFLPA actually had....you know...the guts and power to fight the league and all.  Which....yeah.

So we're just saying everyone involved is just lazy and negligent?

It's easy to say this,  but these guys are over a barrel. The vast majority of NFL players have no real reason to fight for anything in labor negotiations,  because they are young and being paid more than they'll ever make doing anything else. Most of these players aren't in a position to turn down short term money,  because they won't be around for the long term money. They have to get what they can right now,  because by the time a long drawn out labor dispute is over,  they will already be replaced by the next young players in line. The billionaire owners can afford to wait,  because they're billionaires. Players need to get what they can before their bodies give out, which can happen at any time. You can't blame people who don't want to fight a fight when they won't get their share of the spoils if they win. Even if they win the fight for the future,  the current players will lose more than they gain. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

So, rather than have mandates saying "get vaccinated or you don't play in the NFL", like the NBA did, they put all that enforcement on the teams.  

Hold up a second - the NBA most certainly doesn't require vaccines for players. They are definitely taking advantage of cities with local mandates but they do not have a vaccine mandate for players as the NBAPA - like all the other PAs - have strongly opposed them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Someone fairly high up believes "It's better to ask forgiveness than permission" with a virus that's killed nearly 3/4 of a million Americans.  The Shield needs to drop the hammer hard on them, otherwise all of these protocols are completely meaningless.  

The article "football spaces" seemed to indicate that the Vikings have been violating protocol with Kirk Cousins.  If they punish Green Bay - hahahahahaha, yeah, right - then they gotta punish Minnesota, too.

17 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Hold up a second - the NBA most certainly doesn't require vaccines for players. They are definitely taking advantage of cities with local mandates but they do not have a vaccine mandate for players as the NBAPA - like all the other PAs - have strongly opposed them.

FWIW, a story went around that the NBAPA was basically open to a vaccine mandate for players (well, open to at least discussing it), but a couple influential players were opposed and quashed the idea.  Unsurprisingly, Kyrie was the name that was mentioned.

The OBJ thing is nuts.  I'm a "I just watch the games" guy, but I know a few people who know enough to understand the X's and O's and they think Mayfield's the one to blame for OBJ "not getting open" and not catching balls.  It feels like they should have been able to get some return on him in a trade, even though his contract and the fact that no one really believed he'd be in Cleveland much longer probably drove down the offers.

3 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Of course he started the interview with

I'm sorry,  but he's not in the position to be calling anyone a liar.  He was asked directly if he was vaccinated and he said,  "yes,  I'm immunized," which is a lie at worst and a blatant, deliberate, misrepresentation of the truth at best. 

• Like 3

Oh yeah - he is hitting every check box since he just rolled out the "If the vaccine is so great, then how come people are still getting covid and spreading covid?" line and then name dropped "good friend Joe Rogan" and has been doing what Rogan says 

1 minute ago, RIPPA said:

Oh yeah - he is hitting every check box since he just rolled out the "If the vaccine is so great, then how come people are still getting covid and spreading covid?" line and then name dropped "good friend Joe Rogan" and has been doing what Rogan says 

Joe Rogan is a dumb person who has convinced all the other dumb people that he's smart. Seriously,  if you want me to ignore everything you ever have to say,  bring up Joe Rogan as a source of information. You'll be put on the list with the girl who told me Stevie Wonder was her favorite artist and that,  "I Just Called To say I Love You," was her favorite song. Nothing you say can be taken seriously for the rest of my life. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• RIPPA pinned this topic
33 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Okay - he just said he was like MLK because he "doesn't follow rules that don't make sense"

I'm out

Jesus Christ, I thought you were joking.

This is, without a doubt, the greatest heel promo of all time.  Fuck Aaron and the horse he rode in on. 

• Like 2