DVDVR Message Board

November 2021 Wrestling Discussion

I'd love to see O'Reilly in AEW, not sure about Johnny Gargano but everything I've heard, he's really dug into great character work lately. Adam Cole came over and hasn't had any Shawn Michaels inspired kick out epics, so perhaps Johnny Wrestling could fit in pretty well...

And then apparently between December and January we also have Steen and Sami/Rami potentially becoming free agents. I think you can fit all those guys in with the current roster, although I makes you want another hour or so to Rampage.

30 minutes ago, christopher.annino said:

And then apparently between December and January we also have Steen and Sami/Rami potentially becoming free agents. I think you can fit all those guys in with the current roster, although I makes you want another hour or so to Rampage.

Steen and Big E letting everyone know that Steen is going to AEW:

Spoiler

• Like 2

I would imagine that Rami stays unmasked, the dude has fucking loads of personality and it would be completely weird as hell to go back to the old gimmick... Although it would be wonderful if he initially showed up with that and then finally unmasked and revealed to the world that he was El Generico all along! ?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Dog said:

On the flip side, I just learned Dunne mind-bogglingly signed a new three-year deal in September. ?

Yeah, I have mixed feelings about this one. I'm glad I get to see him more, but get to see him do what and with whom isn't necessarily too inspiring.

• Like 1

Random question but does anyone know what's going on with Triple H? I saw some people on Twitter mention that they think he might be in rougher shape than WWE is leading on to believe and I know he was just recently in the hospital for something.

37 minutes ago, Krone Meltzer said:

Random question but does anyone know what's going on with Triple H? I saw some people on Twitter mention that they think he might be in rougher shape than WWE is leading on to believe and I know he was just recently in the hospital for something.

He had a heart attack in August or September.  The company has downplayed it publicly but he hasn’t been seen since at any WWE functions and is reportedly being kept away from business operations, so the general assumption is that it was more serious than the WWE has let on.

Edited by Eoae
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Eoae said:

He had a heart attack in August or September.  The company has downplayed it publicly but he hasn’t been seen since at any WWE functions and is reportedly being kept away from business operations, so the general assumption is that it was more serious than the WWE has let on.

Damn, that's very sad. Trips has gotten a lot of flack in the past, mostly for that reign of terror in the early 00's but I'll be damned if that guy hasn't poured his heart and soul into this business. Hope everything is alright for him, especially with those kids at home.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eoae said:

Keeping him away from business operations after heart issues just seems like common sense to me. Can't help but think people are maybe reading too much into him not popping up.

watching the Austin/Pillman home invasion RAW and part of me thinks the Iron Sheik showing up in a suit and sunglasses for the Sultan is a cool look for him, and part of me thinks "how fucked up is he that he's wearing big sunglasses" (in the spirit of how so many 80s wrestlers in sunglasses were trying to hide that they're taping in the morning after a long night of partying). Also impressed that the Sheik's knees were good enough in 1996 for him to get onto his knees and back up with the prayer rug spot.

• Like 1