DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 10/27/2021

Dolfan in NYC

56 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Always nice to surpass a million, but it seems pretty damn good up against a world series game with two teams from big southern markets, and having been moved to a completely different date/time for two weeks

it's a good number and since we are not the mythical casual fan we are enjoying the hell out of the shows and really don't care too much about the ratings..   That said.. i can't imagine Punk vs. Fish being the type of match ups to draw new viewers.  

At some point they probably are going to change course on some things for a broader audience and hopefully it will be done in a way to not turn us away. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

At some point they probably are going to change course on some things for a broader audience and hopefully it will be done in a way to not turn us away. 

Watch: Cody Rhodes Cuts Another Excellent Promo Ahead of AEW's TNT  Championship Tournament

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Always nice to surpass a million, but it seems pretty damn good up against a world series game with two teams from big southern markets, and having been moved to a completely different date/time for two weeks

Plus, they initially advertised Dynamite being on at 10PST and 11MT for people on the West coast and in mountain states before changing it back to being aired live kind of last minute which probably hurt them some too.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

i've usually loved Cody's territory style booking but with the feud vs. Black sometimes you gotta read the room and he should have known this when looking back on Flair vs. Garvin.  Sometimes the heel just needs to go over.. fuck the hero's journey. 

Cody Rhodes thinking he's a hero therein lies the problem.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, TheVileOne said:

Cody Rhodes thinking he's a hero therein lies the problem.

He'll be remembered fondly for helping create AEW but he can never be Dusty or Dustin he's just not that guy. He could easily go heel and then switch back to face in a year or two and be loved again. 

Fans don't hold grudges.  Hunter got his flowers.  Cena got his flowers.  Cody will eventually. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, eikerir said:

There was a point around mid 2000s ROH where you could have 4 guys or more in the ring wearing black and red attire, wrestling on a black and red ring canvas with black and red turnbuckles and ropes with black and red ROH logos all over the barricade and entrance. 

Not to mention lots of these attires were those plasticky shiny pants that were all the rage amongs Indy wrestlers back then.

I still loved it tho.

Spoken by the guy with the red and black avatar, to round it off neatly!

I forgot to mention but remembered as others noted, Punk’s ’Reclaim The Bodyslam’ campaign to make the poor neglected move mean something, dammit (well that or an ego driven thing of ’look at me, Im so over I can make ’em pop for a BODYSLAM brother) is pretty great. Atomic drop next please.

Edited by Custos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

If someone mentioned it before I missed it.  

If you look closely at the MJF segment.  When he does the STING fake out.  It looks as if Wardlow wasn’t clued in on the prank.  So when MJF is parading around telling everyone how stupid they are for falling for it.  The big man looked like he took ANOTHER grudge to hold.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Really fun show on the whole, and the main event is everything I love about professional wrestling all wrapped up into one match (zaniness with the costumes, great action in the ring, and advancing a years long story with Hangman outsmarting the Elite). After not seeing Hangman win the title in person at All Out, had to make the trip to the Twin Cities to see what will be AEW's finest moment in its history.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

He'll be remembered fondly for helping create AEW but he can never be Dusty or Dustin he's just not that guy. He could easily go heel and then switch back to face in a year or two and be loved again. 

Fans don't hold grudges.  Hunter got his flowers.  Cena got his flowers.  Cody will eventually. 

Cody's journey is just beginning. I think he thinks he will get massively over with this "I'm not going to turn" heel routine. He may be right. 

9 hours ago, chriskbrown50 said:

woman's match was golden, how Deeb did not get a shot on the main roster at WWE is beyond me at this point

She did. She was part of the Straight Edge Society. She was supposedly fired back then though because she was getting drunk and partying a lot. By the time she came back she was already retired. Her doing the first MYC seemed to be a special thing opposed to an actual full time return so when she returned it was as a coach.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

On his part, obsessing over how he’ll be remembered is whats getting Cody into this mess in the first place. For a (ostensibly) healthy, functioning 36 year old he talks ad nauseum about it (’legacy is a funny thing’, ’I built the bank’ blah de blah). 

How about, live in the same world as everyone else, in the present, kick some arse (or be dastardly in avoiding getting kicked), and stop losing to yourself in your own game of 5d chess. A splash of that grandiloquent shit in the odd ’Road To’ is more than enough thanks.

Or have TK pull rank and take it out of his hands to do whats best for business.

Edited by Custos
Pronouns pal
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Eivion said:

She did. She was part of the Straight Edge Society. She was supposedly fired back then though because she was getting drunk and partying a lot. By the time she came back she was already retired. Her doing the first MYC seemed to be a special thing opposed to an actual full time return so when she returned it was as a coach.

Well glad she is getting a shot here.  Helps round out the women's roster. What was a real liability to me in early 2020 is now a solid part of the card. Yeah, they have some women talents who need seasoning. Irony is the time in Jacksonville really helped the women's division. Dustin Rhodes as Fit Finlay 2.0 is doing some good work. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

...which is probably why he hitched his trailer to PAC, Black and Andrade. 

Where, oh where, could Cody Rhodes have picked up that tactic? Who in his life could have taught him the value of putting yourself into a program with the hot act of the day? 

tumblr_paljau5dx21u7kcybo1_500.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

15 hours ago, just drew said:

I am just not a fan of MJF. I don't think he's as edgy as he thinks he is and his promos feel like an eighth grader who just figured out he can curse as loud as he wants if he sits on the back row of the bus. The thing where the lights went out and Spears was like "bro, that wasn't me" made me chuckle. Wardlow is going to murder Spears and MJF and I'm ok with it. Or the rest of the Pinnacle will stay intact and kick MJF out. Either way, it will be glorious.

I liked that Wardlow looked PISSED after the first black out implying he wasn't told beforehand about the joke.

246354106-1806013303119519-8968647627429

Edited by eikerir
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4