DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 10/27/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Speaking of Punk vs. Fish, here are some of the matches on the card:

CM Punk vs. Bobby Fish (duh)

10 vs. Jon Moxley (World Title Eliminator Tournament match)

Dark Order jobs to... uh... faces The Elite

Shida vs. Deeb (tbs Title Tournament match) - I am prepped for the 50-50 booking and for Shida to get her 50th win at the expense of Serena's heat, but hope that Deeb pulls off another victory.

Main event announced over the weekend is Sammy defending the TNT Title against Ethan Page.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 1

A TV wrestling company running TV in Boston, without a hometown babyface? That's new.

Edited by AxB

I'm guessing they'll be WB themed costumes. 

Fish being on the roster still concerns me a bunch because he was with drake at some of that QAnon shit and he hasn't really said anything about that since. Hopefully it's just a "there with a friend" thing. 

Aside from that, I hope he and Punk put on a good show tonight. 

Maybe I'm weird, but I think 10 vs Mox has the potential to be pretty good. Is this 10's highest profile match? He's obviously doing the job, but we haven't seen Mox vs someone much bigger than him since he took on Brodie. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Craig H said:

Maybe I'm weird, but I think 10 vs Mox has the potential to be pretty good. Is this 10's highest profile match? 

Mox beat 10 last year, dog.  There was that angle where Mox wanted a shot at Brodie Lee's TNT title and he kayfabe injured 10's arm because Lee would not answer his challenge in person.

I am actually curious about whether or not they will incorporate that match into an angle for this one.

Edited by J.T.

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Mox beat 10 last year, dog.  There was that angle where Mox wanted a shot at Brodie Lee's TNT title and he kayfabe injured 10's arm because Lee would not answer his challenge in person.

I am actually curious about whether or not they will incorporate that match into an angle for this one.

They mentioned Mox injuring 10 on Dark, so I'm sure they will touch on it tonight.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

Fish being on the roster still concerns me a bunch because he was with drake at some of that QAnon shit and he hasn't really said anything about that since. Hopefully it's just a "there with a friend" thing. 

Completely understand why you feel that way, because I have no time for those types as well, but from what I've been able to gather, it seems like he may just be a guy who legit wanted to help end human trafficking. If something else comes out then that's a different deal

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

Maybe I'm weird, but I think 10 vs Mox has the potential to be pretty good. Is this 10's highest profile match? He's obviously doing the job, but we haven't seen Mox vs someone much bigger than him since he took on Brodie. 

I believe he got the pin in the final match on The Brodie Tribute show. But this would probably he his biggest singles match

1 hour ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Completely understand why you feel that way, because I have no time for those types as well, but from what I've been able to gather, it seems like he may just be a guy who legit wanted to help end human trafficking. If something else comes out then that's a different deal

Yeah, a lot of people get sucked into that Save The Children thing without realizing it’s basically an entry point into QAnon.

Plus I’m pretty sure Punk would outright refuse to work with Fish if he was backstage (or Punk was aware) spewing all sorts of hateful and stupid garbage.

• Like 1

That was wall to wall entertainment. Two hours just flew by.

Long-term storytelling suggestion: Either Deeb or Shida should eventually beat the dentist by using...

..the plaque.

If you didn't enjoy that main event, just let me say: Okay, grandpa.

That was some vintage Osaka Pro/Chikara in-ring fun. I loved that.

I'm enjoying this version of angry Mox a lot, as well. 

I'm hyped up for Bryan vs Kingston!

Edited by Gordberg
  • Like 11

Well, the Dark Order got their win over the Elite, but it didn't mean THAT much because of all the tomfoolery.

Here's why MJF-Darby is not the best feud, despite all the positives. You have one guy who's constantly trying to top himself by saying shocking things about people, and he's fighting someone who you literally don't trust to give four words on challenging his opponent. 

Deeb may have gone 50/50 with Shida, but damn if it didn't make her as a female "You WILL get hurt taking me on, the only question is "How much?" type. Can you imagine a team of her, and say Paige Van Zant? 

I think it's now time to move CM Punk into a feud with somebody. I don't know who, but these one week "I'll fight you next week" and then beating them programs have pretty much done their purpose and it's time to move on to something lengthier. Great matches, but the CM Punk engine is stuck in neutral. Time to shift it into (Full) Gear.

Guevara-Page was kinda good/not great, but seriously, if it wasn't for the fact they just did a blood and guts match a few months ago, this would be crying for it. What's the difference between a Miami Street Fight and a Minneapolis Street Fight? (other then perhaps 40 degrees of weather). Still hoping that Lambert gets put in that match though, I still want to see his ass get beat (which is a good thing)