DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2.0 Presents HALLOWEEN HAVOC XIV - 10/26/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Hosted by Chucky and LA Knight.  Whom Chucky hopefully murders.

THE CARD:

FOR THE NXT CHAMPIONSHIP - Tommaso Ciampa (c) vs. Bron Breakker

SCAREWAY TO HELL TRIPLE THREAT LADDER MATCH FOR THE NXT WOMEN'S TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - Io Shirai / Zoey Stark (c) vs. Indi Hartwell / Persia Pirotta vs. Toxic Attraction

SPIN THE WHEEL MAKE THE DEAL~! 

FOR THE NXT WOMEN'S CHAMPIONSHIP - Raquel Gonzalez (c) vs. Mandy Rose

FOR THE NXT TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP - MSK (c) vs. Imperium

Hell of a carry job by Ciampa.  He was almost at Cena levels of loud spot calling at some points.

Bron losing might mean he's possibly being fast tracked to the main roster.  I wouldn't be shocked if they debuted him at the Rumble.

Edited by nofuture

after I noted my disagreement with the ME finish on another board.. I got to hear about how this was a strong loss that he'll build off of... and I also I got someone saying that Bron was already the babyface and he would have been booed if he had won. Which, I guess I need to watch more NXT because I didn't think Bron was a face but more of a heel that isn't a total chickenshit.

I mean, if they were pushing him as a face already, he'd be a little bit lamer, right?

The ladder match was good though I thought the finish was a bit flat, especially with Io taking that bump right before it.

Mandy/Raquel was nice and probably the best match Mandy has had in her career. Kind of torn to see Dakota back. I thought she would move to the main roster.

Imperium vs. MSK was good. Kind of surprised to see Imperium as champs again.

Ciampa/Bron was solid. I thought Bron looked good with that finish. I'm curious if he gets fast tracked to the main roster or beats Ciampa in a rematch around Wrestlemania time.

1 hour ago, Cobra Commander said:

after I noted my disagreement with the ME finish on another board.. I got to hear about how this was a strong loss that he'll build off of... and I also I got someone saying that Bron was already the babyface and he would have been booed if he had won. Which, I guess I need to watch more NXT because I didn't think Bron was a face but more of a heel that isn't a total chickenshit.

I mean, if they were pushing him as a face already, he'd be a little bit lamer, right?

Bron is a face. He has been well liked by the crowd and would have likely been cheered over any one else save Gargano. DIY are the most over guys in NXT aside from Joe who is out right now.

Edited by Eivion

Fun show from what I saw

Opener was very much My First Tag Team Ladder match stuff. Shirai getting wrecked on that bump was bonkers. The rest was whatever, at least no one got hurt

Surprised they had Strong go over Jones, he feels like he fits the mould of guys they've been letting go of, but they set up a rematch nicely

Gonzales vs Rose was fine. Toxic Attraction feel like a good act, can't say I have much interest in more of the Gonzales vs Kai feud and I worry about what they'll do with her after that

MSK vs Imperium was good fun. The lumberjack bits were pretty tired but the actual wrestling was good stuff and I was surprised at Imperium winning. They also felt like guys potentially on the chopping block

Main event was good stuff with a great final minutes. You can easily put that rope slip from Bronn down to kayfabe inexperience and they recovered well. Thought they did an awesome job at the end making him look like a future phenom without putting him over, which is the right move for now.

• Like 1

having ratings go up against Game 1 of the World Series (which got 10.8 million viewers and a 2.52) is a positive outcome.

Overall, NXT finished just behind My Big Fat Fabulous Life and Vanderpump Rules in the demo. They tied with the CFP Rankings Show, NBA Pregame Show, and Welcome to Plathville with 18-49s. Also NXT beat Hannity among 18-49s.

Chucky got 352k and 0.13 on USA, and 330k/0.15 on SyFy. Cable is weak enough where if Chucky aired on one network and got half of the viewers from it's airing on the other network, it'd be in the top 10, instead of 27+35