DVDVR Message Board

SDL is a Crowning Achievement - 10/22/2021

Dolfan in NYC

14 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Is it too cynical to suggest Charlotte be looking for a way out of her contract to go to the other channel? 

i'd think khan would release her if she asked.  Everything they are doing of late suggests that they believe the brand is bigger than anyone. Bray was moving a ton of merch and they didn't care.  

8 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

By the way..  the women's division was doing just fine before Charlotte and Becky came back.  Sasha/Bayley/Asuka carried it for a while.   Sasha vs. Bayley is still the highest rated WWE TV segment of the past 12 months.  Then Sasha and Bianca main evented WrestleMania and were invited to the ESPYs.  Everything was going well. 

Some people are easily upset when you state the facts but that's what they are. Charlotte and Becky have already set the division back. 

Fwiw, I agree with the sentiment that Charlotte and Becky are ruining the division. I just vehemently disagree with how to fix it.

18 hours ago, Dog said:

I wonder if one day you'll realize that your opinions aren't the only ones that matter.

It’s possible that I let my dissatisfaction with the product carry over into how I perceive the individual performers. 

Not Sasha, though. She’s awful. Full stop.

Edited by just drew

7 hours ago, kafkonia said:

And then I hear people positively comparing the WWE women's division to AEW's, and it boggles me. Maybe they have more out-of-the-ring storylines, but when it comes to actual, you know, wrestling, you get more women's action in a single Youtube show than in the entire Queen of the Ring (or whatever) tournament outside the finals.

I think what you are missing here is not the AEW women's wrestling on the youtube shows... but the lack of it on tv. Say what you will about WWE, no one is shocked when one of their shows has two (or by god more) women's matches on a single show. Hell Shida's only had one match on tv since she dropped the belt and she lost it in May. 

If Charlotte wanted to lose her belt to Bianca on Monday, you could assume that she was planning on then beating Becky clean in the middle on Friday, and having an official extra reign.

• Like 1

Flair's record includes titles from multiple companies though. It's not quite as strange as Angle's count (he includes his World and Olympic Amateur Wrestling titles, alongside his WWE and TNA reigns), but it's still multiple lineages.

If Charlotte wins the Reina de Reinas, AEW Women's World, NWA Women's or Impact Knockouts titles, that's more that count. And if she's out of WWE, let's face it, she's winning at least one of those.

Edited by AxB

19 minutes ago, AxB said:

Flair's record includes titles from multiple companies though. It's not quite as strange as Angle's count (he includes his World and Olympic Amateur Wrestling titles, alongside his WWE and TNA reigns), but it's still multiple lineages.

If Charlotte wins the Reina de Reinas, AEW Women's World, NWA Women's or Impact Knockouts titles, that's more that count. And if she's out of WWE, let's face it, she's winning at least one of those.

She'd be a really irritating Pan Afrikan World Diaspora Champion.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AxB said:

Then years later claim she's not at 16 reigns but actually 22. 

22 hours ago, D.Z said:

Smackdown replay beat AEW viewers wise, the demos aren't out yet.

Smackdown replay: 632k, 0.16 18-49

AEW Dynamite: 575k, 0.22 18-49

at the same time, 3.3 million were watching Ohio State/Indiana on ABC, 2.9M were watching USC/Notre Dame on NBC, 4.7M were watching Tennessee/Alabama on ESPN, and 6.9M were watching Braves/Dodgers.

Source

Can’t tell you the exact expectations of ratings for “replay of something that aired last night because the Red Sox lost in 6”

• Like 1