DVDVR Message Board

SDL is a Crowning Achievement - 10/22/2021

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

Saw this on twitter. I'll have to watch the whole thing since I missed it. Basically Becky and Charlotte got into a real thing over this.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2021/10/23/22741602/report-charlotte-flair-becky-lynch-backstage-confrontation-womens-title-exchange-swap-smackdown

It's 2021 and there are still workers that are this big of marks for themselves. What a pair of fucking idiots. That's what happens when you over-push people like they have with Charlotte and Becky.

What makes the belt trade even dumber is that they're probably going to have a non-title match at the next PPV

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thoroughly enjoyed Brock and Adam Pearce recreating Clarence Boddiker and Robocop’s “it’s Dick Jones” scene.

If he had invoked Brocks secret prime directive then Brock would have left him alone.

”it wasn’t my fault Brock, I had no choice, it was Paul Heyman! Your a Brock!”

”yes, I am a Brock”

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

Thoroughly enjoyed Brock and Adam Pearce recreating Clarence Boddiker and Robocop’s “it’s Dick Jones” scene.

If he had invoked Brocks secret prime directive then Brock would have left him alone.

”it wasn’t my fault Brock, I had no choice, it was Paul Heyman! Your a Brock!”

”yes, I am a Brock”

OVhcPsDnIfrWlY34o0Si5W%2BU0riV0hiXCITLKy

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Phantom Lord said:

Saw this on twitter. I'll have to watch the whole thing since I missed it. Basically Becky and Charlotte got into a real thing over this.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2021/10/23/22741602/report-charlotte-flair-becky-lynch-backstage-confrontation-womens-title-exchange-swap-smackdown

Dumb Hulk Hogan/Bret Hart/HBK/Nash mark BS.

• Like 1

By the way..  the women's division was doing just fine before Charlotte and Becky came back.  Sasha/Bayley/Asuka carried it for a while.   Sasha vs. Bayley is still the highest rated WWE TV segment of the past 12 months.  Then Sasha and Bianca main evented WrestleMania and were invited to the ESPYs.  Everything was going well. 

Some people are easily upset when you state the facts but that's what they are. Charlotte and Becky have already set the division back. 

• Like 3

The WON Recap

Charlotte Flair and Becky Lynch reportedly had a heated backstage confrontation following Friday's edition of WWE SmackDown.

PWInsider first reported the news with TalkSport providing more details as to what happened.

Flair and Lynch were both on the show to exchange their Raw and SmackDown Women's titles, respectively. During the segment, the belt exchange itself was awkward with Flair keeping her belt away from Lynch before dropping it while Lynch eventually threw her belt at Flair.

According to the reports, that was was not how it was supposed to go down as Flair was trying to play cat-and-mouse with the title and Lynch was supposed to get her hand on it before it swung back. The timing was off and the title then hit the mat.

Flair reportedly raised concerns before the show that "she didn't want to look weak nor did she want her title reign to look weak during the segment." As TalkSport reported, she "fought all day against the title switch. In fact, it's believed no one involved was happy about it."

Lynch and Flair then had a verbal confrontation backstage after the segment with Lynch claiming Flair was disrespecting her by "trying to make her look bad." Lynch reportedly wanted to have a "Becky Two Belts" moment with both titles which didn't happen.

While the confrontation didn't get physical, WWE officials were reportedly concerned. TalkSport reported their friendship has been "strained for some time" ever since Lynch referred to Flair as "plastic" in a promo a few years ago.

Vince McMahon was reportedly angry about Flair leaving backstage without talking to him.

TalkSport also reported that Flair wanted to lose clean to Bianca Belair Monday, believing it could have been a big win for her and that the DQ finish hurt that.

• Like 1

I didn't see the segment but isn't it possible that the wrestlers aren't the ones getting worked into a shoot here? I mean they're working each other at the next ppv. My first instinct when you hear about fights or arguments is work, especially if they are working each other soon. Couldn't this just be some good old fashion working the boys shit to give them some juice for the match at Survivor Series?

Our justice system in the US is innocent until proven guilty. So I've always leaned on it's a work until proven that it's not.

27 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

I didn't see the segment but isn't it possible that the wrestlers aren't the ones getting worked into a shoot here? I mean they're working each other at the next ppv. My first instinct when you hear about fights or arguments is work, especially if they are working each other soon. Couldn't this just be some good old fashion working the boys shit to give them some juice for the match at Survivor Series?

Our justice system in the US is innocent until proven guilty. So I've always leaned on it's a work until proven that it's not.

Unsure, but it's possible. Either way, I'm interested.

One of them probably drops the belt next week and spoils my fun. 

Sean Ross Sapp/Fightful's reporting of the story:

Last night's main event segment featuring Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair went awry, to say the least.

Fightful learned shortly after the show that something didn't go according to plan, and PWInsider reported that Becky Lynch and Charlotte Flair had a heated argument backstage after the segment over Charlotte "making Becky Lynch look bad" by throwing down the title when it wasn't called for in the script.

Fightful has heard more details on the situation. The original script actually called for Becky Lynch to grab the title away from Charlotte Flair and brag about being "Becky Two Belts" before Sonya Deville would order her to hand her title to Charlotte. We're told Charlotte Flair didn't agree this was the best course of action, but was told to stay the course. However, we've heard that most everyone had already been in agreement the segment was going to be an awkward.

After the segment concluded, there was a shouting match backstage, and we're told that Charlotte had stated that dropping the title was accidental. Fightful has also been told that Charlotte Flair was asked to leave the venue before Becky Lynch's dark match concluded as to avoid further confrontation and let things cool off.

Much of the roster, staff and officials had already left for the evening, as there was a heavy travel week. We'll work to find out more.

• Like 1

Charlotte very well may have asked to drop the title to Bianca but the end result of Charlotte and Becky having a stranglehold on the title scene has completed stunted the momentum Bianca had.  Sasha wanted to put over Bianca big and did at WrestleMania and now only 6 months later they are already messing everything up. 

Blame it on Becky or Charlotte or booking or whatever but it's not good TV. 

Let's see. So it seems that of the original Four Horsewomen, we've decided that:

-Charlotte is selfish.

-Sasha is dangerous.

-Becky hasn't been back long but has burned through a lot of good will from before she left.

-Bailey's probably only safe from all of this blowback because she's on the shelf.

I'm not sure you can blame the performers; they probably have little say in how they're booked. I doubt any of the talent asked to have a total of, what, ten minutes of in-ring time outside of Crown Jewel this week. They all can do better (well, except Eva Marie, whose very presence shows you something's gone horribly wrong.) But they're not  being given anything worthwhile.

And then I hear people positively comparing the WWE women's division to AEW's, and it boggles me. Maybe they have more out-of-the-ring storylines, but when it comes to actual, you know, wrestling, you get more women's action in a single Youtube show than in the entire Queen of the Ring (or whatever) tournament outside the finals.