DVDVR Message Board

SDL is a Crowning Achievement - 10/22/2021

Dolfan in NYC

His royal majesty, King Xavier, of House Woods, bringer of a new day, slayer of Prince Pretty, defender of the Code of Konami, invites you to his royal feast tonight on SmackDown Live.

• Like 2

Sasha Banks is such an abysmal promo. I don’t think I’ve ever heard her come off as anything but forced. Ugh. It’s bad when Charlotte isn’t the worst interview in a given segment. The women’s division is so, so bad right now, and there are a dozen fresh faces they could use to rescue it, but they won’t, because Johnny Ace and Podcast Prichard are fucking clueless.

3 minutes ago, just drew said:

Sasha Banks is such an abysmal promo. I don’t think I’ve ever heard her come off as anything but forced. Ugh. It’s bad when Charlotte isn’t the worst interview in a given segment. The women’s division is so, so bad right now, and there are a dozen fresh faces they could use to rescue it, but they won’t, because Johnny Ace and Podcast Prichard are fucking clueless.

I don't think Ace is involved in the booking.

4 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I don't think Ace is involved in the booking.

I know there were rumblingz that the women’s roster were concerned because Johnny was back and he has some influence over the direction of that division. Who really knows, though…

The opening segment with Brock, Roman, and co. was fun if a little long.

Woods' coronation was nice.

I would have preferred they had Naomi beat Sonya's ass when she confronted her. I do like how Sonya has been as a heel.

Hit Row came off as stars in their debut. 

Seems like they told who would matter among the new people with short promos or hype vids.

I kind of skipped around most everything else. I'm in the crew that dislikes title switching as it just feels dumb. I'm not mind numbingly angry about it, but I can't be bothered with it. Guess Sasha/Charlotte is the next women's title feud. The matches should be good, but both are such heels at the moment its hard to be excited. Wish they had built up Toni or Shotzi to challenge instead.

Yeah listen.. i've been complaining about the belt swap thing for a couple weeks but WWE is usually going to go with the LEAST interesting option.. it's just who they are. 

Be glad that Big E has a cool little title run.  Be glad that Woods got his king of the ring dream fulfilled.  Be glad that they finally gave Zelina something to do because these are rare occurrences.  The booking is still very poor.. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eivion said:

I ff through the last segment so I didn't really pay attention to what she was wearing. Was it anymore standout than what Zelina wore on Raw?

It was sparkly. I'm sure Niners could give a getter evaluation.  ?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

in the words of the great musician Shaggy:  it wasn't me.  

So you’re telling me you didn’t hear her dogshit promo? I should try that….

There was fifteen minutes of actual bell to bell wrestling on this show. Twenty Five, if you count match time during commercial breaks that we can't see (although why would you?). 15 minutes, across like 4 matches.

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Belt swaps are dumb as fuck. I'm sure I'm preaching to the choir here. But wrestling is a scripted simulated sporting event, in what world does this make even the slightest bit of sense?

We knew it was coming. Still fucking sucks. Adds another reign to Charlotte's tally. Ugh.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, just drew said:

So you’re telling me you didn’t hear her dogshit promo? I should try that….

She cuts fine promos sometimes but she's only going to be as good as the material she's given.  She doesn't have to cut great promos because she has a star presence and she's one of the best wrestlers on the roster.  The crowd is going to be into what she's doing regardless. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

She cuts fine promos sometimes but she's only going to be as good as the material she's given.  She doesn't have to cut great promos because she has a star presence and she's one of the best wrestlers on the roster.  The crowd is going to be into what she's doing regardless. 

On what roster? The roster she’s on now? Lolololololololololololol.

Thanks. I needed that.

35 minutes ago, AxB said:

There was fifteen minutes of actual bell to bell wrestling on this show. Twenty Five, if you count match time during commercial breaks that we can't see (although why would you?). 15 minutes, across like 4 matches.

Maybe Vince finally watched that South Park Episode. 

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

I would have preferred they had Naomi beat Sonya's ass when she confronted her. I do like how Sonya has been as a heel.

Yeah, Naomi should have at least slapped the taste out of her mouth or something.

Can't say that I'm excited about Sasha/Charlotte. 

1 hour ago, just drew said:

On what roster? The roster she’s on now? Lolololololololololololol.

Thanks. I needed that.

I wonder if one day you'll realize that your opinions aren't the only ones that matter.

Saw this on twitter. I'll have to watch the whole thing since I missed it. Basically Becky and Charlotte got into a real thing over this.

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2021/10/23/22741602/report-charlotte-flair-becky-lynch-backstage-confrontation-womens-title-exchange-swap-smackdown

Edited by Phantom Lord
  • Haha 1