DVDVR Message Board

2021 NCAAF: Week Eight

Robert C

Really interested to see who LSU targets/ends up hiring.  Lotta noise about Fisher heading over there, mainly due to LSU's AD being the guy who hired him at A&M.  Don't know if that makes sense for either party. 

Assuming Fisher doesn't actively want to leave A&M, and I haven't seen anything indicates he does, LSU would probably have to give him 10-11 million per year, for 10 years and all guaranteed.  That seems crazy money to pay anybody not named Saban or Swinney.

From Fisher's side, unless he wants out or gets all the money, I don't see a whole lot of reason to wade into the potential Title IX/NCAA mess in the bayou.

2 hours ago, Robert C said:

Really interested to see who LSU targets/ends up hiring.  Lotta noise about Fisher heading over there, mainly due to LSU's AD being the guy who hired him at A&M.  Don't know if that makes sense for either party. 

Assuming Fisher doesn't actively want to leave A&M, and I haven't seen anything indicates he does, LSU would probably have to give him 10-11 million per year, for 10 years and all guaranteed.  That seems crazy money to pay anybody not named Saban or Swinney.

From Fisher's side, unless he wants out or gets all the money, I don't see a whole lot of reason to wade into the potential Title IX/NCAA mess in the bayou.

Fisher may just want to get away from Aggy. Also his contract has no buyout.

Supposedly, they already reached out to Fickell and he said no. Top targets are said to be Franklin (has SEC experience and covering up/overlooking sexual assaults) and Tucker (Saban tree, SEC experience including brief time at LSU).

45 minutes ago, JLowe said:

Top targets are said to be Franklin (has SEC experience and covering up/overlooking sexual assaults) 

Based on the culture at LSU, Franklin seems like the perfect hire for all the reasons you mention.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Robert C said:

Anybody want to be Washington State’s coach?  Their previous coach apparently decided to be a clown full time instead. 

Not just him - half his staff too

This is what I get for not closing last week's thread fast enough.  

In other news....  the Columbia Lions went into Philly, and much like a tourist at Geno's, they DEVOURED~ their opponents.   

But now....

A8v_fo.gif

The real game begins....

The Lions travel to Hanover to take on the disgusting, despicable, and yet somehow undefeated Dartmouth Big Green.  Why is it the Big Green?   

Well... someone decided this was -- not it.

princeton-dartmouth-1966.jpg

So, yeah, fuck Dartmouth.  

ROAR LION ROAR!  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

This is what I get for not closing last week's thread fast enough.  

In other news....  the Columbia Lions went into Philly, and much like a tourist at Geno's, they DEVOURED~ their opponents.   

Wow, Columbia moved their homecoming game to Philly? Must've been a shock to everyone who showed up at Baker on Saturday.

• Thanks 1

Everybody who has any interest in college football and is wondering how and why Ed Orgeron is getting fired 2 years after winning a national championship with one of the most dominant teams in history,  needs to listen to Bomani Jones' podcast from yesterday. It's a hilarious review of how someone with impulse control issues deals with life after divorce. 

14 hours ago, EVA said:

Weekly realignment update:

All are expected to be accepted. The AAC’s transformation into C-USA 2.0 is nearly complete.

UTSA is really making moves for a relatively new program. Taking advantage of the huge amount of high school football talent in Texas that can get overlooked, or isn't quite P5 level. Hired an East Texas high school football coaching legend and ace recruiter (Jeff Traylor) who was quickly working his way up through the college assistant ranks. There was some push for Texas to take a flyer on Traylor after Meyer turned us down.

19 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Everybody who has any interest in college football and is wondering how and why Ed Orgeron is getting fired 2 years after winning a national championship with one of the most dominant teams in history,  needs to listen to Bomani Jones' podcast from yesterday. It's a hilarious review of how someone with impulse control issues deals with life after divorce. 

I heard yesterday's LeBatard show and he talked about this too because apparently Orgeron was doing this kind of shit at Miami with a drinking problem.  Like how Dan would called him "Bayou Elvis" 

17 minutes ago, JLowe said:

UTSA is really making moves for a relatively new program. Taking advantage of the huge amount of high school football talent in Texas that can get overlooked, or isn't quite P5 level. Hired an East Texas high school football coaching legend and ace recruiter (Jeff Traylor) who was quickly working his way up through the college assistant ranks. There was some push for Texas to take a flyer on Traylor after Meyer turned us down.

When I was brainstorming AAC expansion teams, UTSA and UAB seemed like no-brainers to me. I can even kind of understand the Charlotte pick. None of the rest of those teams really make a lot of sense to me, though. You’re nominally replacing lost markets without even coming close to what you actually lost (Rice is not the same thing as Houston, even if it’s in the same place!).

I was surprised that the AAC didn’t take a run at Georgia State or App State (which would make more sense than Charlotte for another NC team), but then I saw someone point out that the Sun Belt is an ESPN conference and C-USA isn’t, so that probably explains why the AAC didn’t go near any of those schools. The Mouse didn’t want to rob Peter to pay Paul.

Edited by EVA
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, supremebve said:

Once I heard he was bringing girlfriends to practice and letting their kids participate it all became crystal-clear for me, LOL.

• Like 1

It's ridiculous,  but also makes so much sense. He got to the top of college football against all odds and lost the one stable person in his life at the same damn time.  He has to try to navigate being newly single at the exact same time where the most women are interested in him. It's not surprising that Ed Orgeron of all people would have a very hard time dealing with that. He went from laughingstock to champion in the only place in the country where you can act like Ed Orgeron and no one will look at you sideways. We can moralize this, but he was doing what a lot of us would do in that exact situation. Most people would have no clue how to deal with being that rich,  that popular,  and that desirable at a time where you also have no excuse not to indulge. He just couldn't help himself. 

• Like 6

To the surprise of no one - Nick Rolovich is suing Washington State for wrongful termination

The twist is - the crux of of his argument is he was a victim of "discriminatory and vindictive behavior" from the AD. He is claiming that the AD decided to fire him in April which was 4 months before the state put in place the vaccine requirement for all state employees.

Also his lawyer admitted that Rolovich's religious exemption claim was that because Rolovich was a "devout Catholic" he couldn't get the vaccine.

That sure as fuck is news to this devout Catholic.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Also his lawyer admitted that Rolovich's religious exemption claim was that because Rolovich was a "devout Catholic" he couldn't get the vaccine.

Or this one: 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

To the surprise of no one - Nick Rolovich is suing Washington State for wrongful termination

The twist is - the crux of of his argument is he was a victim of "discriminatory and vindictive behavior" from the AD. He is claiming that the AD decided to fire him in April which was 4 months before the state put in place the vaccine requirement for all state employees.

This is America.  The Pope has no say in Catholicism, and Jesus was a capitalist.  

• Haha 4