DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling - 10/14/21: Battle Royal & a Summit

Amazing tribute to Swinger's Palace, what a ride it has been, RIP! Hell of a night for Sabin starting with Swinger's Palace seg, good stuff with him and Bey then following that up with a long run in the battle royal which was fun. Solid matches earlier in the night and build to BFG. 

Minoru Suzuki is coming to IMPACT! I love it.

Results:

Spoiler

*Before the Impact Preshow Match: Fallah Bahh def. Hernandez (w/ Johnny Swinger) (7:25) with a big splash after Swinger inadvertently hit Hernandez with his loaded fanny pack.

Impact Wrestling - Airing October 14, 2021 from Nashville, TN

*El Phantasmo (w/ Chris Bey & Hikuleo) def. Rohit Raju & Willie Mack (9:42) via pinfall on Rohit to advance to the X Division Title match at Bound for Glory. 

*Savannah Evans (w/ Tasha Steelz) def. Lady Frost (8:12) after a full nelson slam. After the match, Deonna Purrazzo (w/ Matthew Rehwoldt) came out and announced that she was picking Savannah to be Mickie James' opponent next week.

*Rich Swann (w/ Willie Mack) def. VSK (w/ Brian Myers) (3:03) with the Phoenix Splash.

*Chris Sabin def. Chris Bey (12:00) with the Cradle Shock

*W. Morrissey won an 18 Man Battle Royal (21:58) last eliminating Chris Sabin. As a result, Morrissey will enter #20 in the Call Your Shot Gauntlet at Bound for Glory, while Sabin will enter #1
-Johnny Swinger eliminated himself after being scared by the Undead Brides
-Brian Myers eliminated Petey Williams
-Rachael Ellering eliminated Myers
-Hernandez eliminated Laredo Kid
-Black Taurus & Hernandez eliminated each other
-Raj Singh eliminated Ellering
-Jake Something eliminated Raj Singh
-Fallah Bahh eliminated during commercial
-Ace eliminated Something
-Ace eliminated Kimber Lee
-Fulton eliminated Brandi Lauren
-Fulton eliminated Cardona
-Morrissey & Moose eliminated Fulton
-Morrissey & Moose eliminated Ace
-Sabin eliminated Moose
-Morrissey eliminated Sabin

-Coming Soon vignette for Minoru Suzuki aired.

*Josh Mathews hosted The Summit with Christian Cage & Josh Alexander ahead of their Bound for Glory main event with both giving promos. After a clip was shown from an AEW Q&A where Christian joked that he didn't know who Josh was, Josh got mad and said he no longer respected Christian as he then walked out.

• Like 2

Only 38 minutes of viewing.  I hate 3 ways and I really hate battle royals. I might have watched more of the Knockouts Knockdown stuff than stuff on the actual show. I really dug that Chris Sabin/Bey match.  I've never really paid much attention to Chris Sabin and I really dug a lot of stuff he did.  I am soooooo into Savanah Evans push.  She makes with the power moves! But still no Lady Frost moonsault..... sad really.....

• Like 2