DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2021 - WEEK 6

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, Ryan said:

I'm waiting for ESPN to re-hire him.

I'm not saying they won't, but the way Keyshawn Johnson is going on every ESPN show today, it's not going to be any time soon.  Keyshawn has been ready for this day for a long ass time.  

• Like 4

So the Buccaneers removed Gruden from their Ring of Honor thing which immediately had people scream about why isn't Warren Sapp not removed from this thing.   And I really can't say they are wrong.    I mean Gruden is a scumbag with his words but not sure that is worse than Sapp being a scumbag with actual actions.  

• Like 3

In something that I am sure Carolina fans will be all too familiar with - the bloom is so far off the Ron Rivera rose in DC.

The biggest thing yesterday was Rivera blaming the media and fans for having "too high expectations" for the team and he "almost wished they didn't win the division last year"

So that went over as well as you can expect

• Haha 2

57 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

In something that I am sure Carolina fans will be all too familiar with - the bloom is so far off the Ron Rivera rose in DC.

The biggest thing yesterday was Rivera blaming the media and fans for having "too high expectations" for the team and he "almost wished they didn't win the division last year"

So that went over as well as you can expect

I briefly looked at their futures odds to win the East before the season began, but I a) didn't expect Fitzy to get hurt this early and b) didn't expect the Cowboys to actually be a really good football team. 

I should also note that Rivera claimed that this was always a "learning" year and giving time to develop younger players, etc.

Which everyone rightly pointed out was bullshit because you don't sign Ryan Fitzpatrick to be your QB if that was what the goal was.

14 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I should also note that Rivera claimed that this was always a "learning" year and giving time to develop younger players, etc.

Which everyone rightly pointed out was bullshit because you don't sign Ryan Fitzpatrick to be your QB if that was what the goal was.

And of course last year was also supposed to be a "learning" year...until it was obvious the rest of the division was bad.

I'm not trying to defend Rivera here, but I actually think he has a point despite the fact that there is no excuse for saying that in public.  That team won the division last year, because the division was bad not because the team was good.  Signing Ryan Fitzpatrick is not proof that you aren't trying to develop younger players.  They do not have their quarterback for the future on the team.  If you sign Ryan Fitzpatrick in 2021 thinking he's going to lead you to the promised land, you are a fucking moron.  He's been in the league since 2005 and has not taken a single snap in the playoffs.  We know who he is, and who he is a replacement level quarterback.  He's literally who you sign as a placeholder until you get someone better.  They have a couple of nice pieces, but there is no reason that anyone should have thought that this team was anything better than average.  Rivera just can't be the person who says that.

• Like 4

Looks like 4 to 8 weeks is the expected time frame for Seattle to be without Russell Wilson. But hey we have Geno Smith. That's not so bad, right?

........Right?

........Oh God the season is doomed.

Well at least we can lean on our defen....... oh God. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1