DVDVR Message Board

Crazy Ass A.I. Generated Portraits for Avatars

jaedmc

www.artflow.ai

Figured some folks might enjoy this. I certainly am. Lots of people using it to generate a portrait of their D&D character. Just type in a short description or...fucking anything and it'll generate a picture of...someone. It's crazy how specific you can get and it comes out pretty good.  Here's some descriptions I've done.

jacklemmonjoker.png

babyabyss.png

januaryembers.png

Shout out to Ben Hanscom for the assist on the last one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On the other hand, I got what looks like a grizzled marine veteran in response to "Jessica Alba as Harley Quinn".  Probably what I deserve for being a perv.

Exact same image in response to "CoachTabe", one of my nicknames.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Tabe said:

On the other hand, I got what looks like a grizzled marine veteran in response to "Jessica Alba as Harley Quinn".  Probably what I deserve for being a perv.

Now I don't feel so bad for surfing away from the site when it told me my estimated wait time was 13 min.

21 minutes ago, Tabe said:

It's been interesting see results and trying to figure out what words conjure up what images. Like does "Harley" conjure up bikers regardless of context? In my head I imagine every word is creating its own image search looking for faces.

I could've just read the FAQ

Are you just pulling images from the web, or are those portraits really generated by a machine?
    All images on Artflow are generated on the fly, based solely on user input, by a combination of machine learning models (more specifically, we use Generative Adversarial Networks as well as the CLIP model from OpenAI). We do not use any existing images and the chances of generating an exact copy of an existing image are practically zero.

Brave Blonde Paladin with a Moustache:

67f46df9a2954f7e9af4b7ed9d6d63e5.webp

"Fiery red-haired brawler girl with a scar on her temple, blue eyes, and slight fangs"

d7626c0af48c43c6bbcdf727ec845984.webp

Dragon of Chaos:

6f9c5bd732ab4996a372931514ee19b1.png

6552284e4ee149f68c5b34cfc4ac3b1d.png

Strongest Bald Beard Axe!

unknown.png

(nb: I shared the link on a D&D Discord server. Well, two of them, but everyone on the other one is asleep).

So I tried Blue Skinned Asian Kung Fu Ninja Girl, and I got this:

0f7aba83743d49e09e196782e6ff23d6.webp

So, it needs work.

But, Mixed Race Cowboy Wizard gave me thing handsome fellow:

81ba345758a743ab94c9d459cfb78ee3.webp

• Like 1

7 hours ago, D.Z said:

Other apps online can turn photos into paintings or even anime or retouchings. 

There's a great site that can turn portraits into animated 3d pictures. Some amazing results with baseball cards. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Eoae said:

Now I don't feel so bad for surfing away from the site when it told me my estimated wait time was 13 min.

My wait time was 60+. 

Decided to start typing in random Wrestler names, to see what it gave me.

Norman Smiley:

00b16b9ad7564163899eed674afe283b.webp

Lady Frost:

a2b90080e581442d83ff29341ce17ea1.webp

The Savage Gentleman:

41caa94744b1493ea48e6ca31a7317b1.webp

On the other hand, my actual D&D character (I put blonde handsome moustachioed campion hero) shares a bit of a resemblance with Dexter Lumis:

8dba1265fbff456692ad2a12fec95f0d.webp

You know how they're always saying that Artificial Intelligences and computer algorithms are racist? I put my general description in (40 year old black man, medium length dreads, and a beard),  and these punk bitches gave me this.

Spoiler

d71bbbc38e5a4daebdf32457ae593379.webp

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The AI is not yet that smart. The description for this was "The girl had very short hair, shaved almost to the skull. She had a lightly tanned face and hazel eyes"

And... yeah.

12 hours ago, supremebve said:

You know how they're always saying that Artificial Intelligences and computer algorithms are racist? I put my general description in (40 year old black man, medium length dreads, and a beard),  and these punk bitches gave me this.

Reveal hidden contents

d71bbbc38e5a4daebdf32457ae593379.webp

I dunno man, I'm pretty sure you just posted a selfie but insist on blasting the developers for some reason ?