DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2021 - WEEK 5

Dolfan in NYC

39 minutes ago, hammerva said:

If Zac Taylor can get his shit right, Ja’Marr Chase is going to be a top 3 WR in this league

As the kids say: FTFY. And having a go at Burrow? Seriously I don't know what game you were watching but it wasn't the one everyone else was with him going toe to toe with arguably one of the 5-10 greatest QB's of all time.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

AEW has the right idea with the picture in picture because Fox missed a TD while in commercial.

And NFL Redzone made sure to point it out repeatedly while also claiming they weren't bashing Fox, LOL. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Giants game is cursed today. Barkley sprains his ankle, or breaks it, or tears ankle ligaments or whatever by just stepping on someone else's foot when a play was over. Daniel Jones looked like he was so concussed he burst an ear drum and his equilibrium left town. Stumbling and bumbling to the point they carted him off. Just terrible injury luck today. I'm thankful I had already given up on them being able to stay in contention.

So Mike Glennon still gets a paycheck in the NFL, who knew?

Why yes of coarse Toney got kicked out for throwing a punch. Makes total sense, he was the only weapon still on the field. This was a rough one. I sense Joe Judge is the kind of coach that's going top sit Toney for a game or two as punishment for getting ejected too.

Browns had a really smart play at the end there to give them a chance. Game clock would have ran down to a game winning filed goal so they dragged Eckler in for a TD when he was trying to avoid scoring. All a moot point because they didn't get the job done. But I appreciate the high level thinking in getting themselves a chance.

12 minutes ago, Gonzo said:

This will be an entirely new level of Chargering if Cleveland pulls this off.

The Browns running on 3rd and 10 deep in their own territory with about 3 minutes left in that game is pretty inexcusable.  I like Stefanski, but they are on ther 5th and 6th cornerbacks, and couldn't stop them when they had their  2 of their 3 starters.  They shouldn't have had any confidence that they could stop the Chargers at that point, and they should have had all the confidence that they could have thrown for 10 yards.  

52 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

At this point the Giants should forfeit so no one else gets hurt

forfeiting means No Game Checks because the NFLPA (and players unions in general these days) let themselves get worked like the marks they are so I wouldn't hold breath waiting on this

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BobbyWhioux said:

forfeiting means No Game Checks because the NFLPA (and players unions in general these days) let themselves get worked like the marks they are so I wouldn't hold breath waiting on this

Do you think he was being serious?