DVDVR Message Board

MLB 2021 PLAYOFFS

RIPPA

One thread will be fine for all the playoffs as we all accept that somehow Houston will win the WS again and everyone but Lawful will be in hell.

Schedule

AL Wild Card Game, Tuesday, 8 p.m. ET on ESPN
Yankees at Red Sox

NL Wild Card Game, Wednesday, 8 p.m. ET on TBS
Cardinals at Dodgers

AL Division Series (starts Thursday)
Best-of-five format
Wild Card Game winner at Rays
White Sox at Astros

NL Division Series (starts Friday)
Best-of-five format
Wild Card Game winner at Giants
Braves at Brewers

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

One thread will be fine for all the playoffs as we all accept that somehow Houston will win the WS again and everyone but Lawful will be in hell.

Schedule

AL Wild Card Game, Tuesday, 8 p.m. ET on ESPN
Yankees at Red Sox

NL Wild Card Game, Wednesday, 8 p.m. ET on TBS
Cardinals at Dodgers

AL Division Series (starts Thursday)
Best-of-five format
Wild Card Game winner at Rays
White Sox at Astros

NL Division Series (starts Friday)
Best-of-five format
Wild Card Game winner at Giants
Braves at Brewers

He'll be in Houston, which is hell with higher humidity.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Death From Above said:

White Sox/Giants? I dunno. Why not.

The only tolerable outcome, and a rematch of the time the eventual Black Sox may well have been on the other side of a World Series fix

1 hour ago, cubbymark said:

Sterling made Hawk Harrelson sound like Vin Scully by comparison

I haven't heard Sterling, or thankfully Harrelson, in years and years, but the idea of anyone being bad enough to make Harrelson sound like Scully by comparison is something my brain just can't comprehend.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Robert C said:

I haven't heard Sterling, or thankfully Harrelson, in years and years, but the idea of anyone being bad enough to make Harrelson sound like Scully by comparison is something my brain just can't comprehend.

Between him and Suzyn Waldman, Yankees games are unlistenable on the radio, and have been for years.  They're both *absolute* examples of putting themselves before the product. (Michael Kay is infinitely better, and he's atrocious as well.)

As weird as it is to say, I have a soft spot in my heart for the Yanks.  I love the tradition, the history, and the (usual) classiness of the organization.  But if I have one hope, it's that their main takeaway from this is both of them are an embarrassment to the organization and have got to go.  Won't happen, but eh.

• Like 1

Similar to what happened with Mike Francesa - Sterling should have been moved on from a long time ago but now that he is in his 80s and still calling games, there is an idiot subset of fans who will be outraged if the station/organization moves on from him and the station/organization doesn't want to have to deal with the fallout.

Basically - he isn't going anywhere until he chooses to retire or dies (the later will happen if he keeps trying to drive home at night in floods)

2 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

As weird as it is to say, I have a soft spot in my heart for the Yanks.  I love the tradition, the history, and the (usual) classiness of the organization.  But if I have one hope, it's that their main takeaway from this is both of them are an embarrassment to the organization and have got to go.  Won't happen, but eh.

As a Jays fan, I dislike the Yankees but respect them.

The Red Sox (and their media's weird obsession with pretending no one in Canada understands baseball) I'm not sure I'd piss on them if they were on fire.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tabe said:

I love it when guys don't hustle, turning doubles into singles.

They used to call that Manny being Manny. 

I will take this time to shout out UrinatingTree’s Conglaturations Yankees video. I don’t usually spoil things but it’s not the first time Kyle Schwarber has taken Gerrit Cole deep in the playoffs.

Great fucking game. Now I'm ready for my heart to explode every goddamn night with these games against SFG. It won't happen, but the only way I go easy is if LAD boatraces them every night and sweeps.

I will say that I am spoiled as hell. The LAD TV presentation is lightyears better than whatever the fuck this is that TBS does for baseball, Missed angles all night long, transitions that weren't quick enough to track batted balls, bad cuts on the pickoff throws over to 1B and no replays from any kind of alt angles in the one situation we needed it with Carlson and the "missed" bag at 2nd.

And who was I listening to? Ron Darling and who? I did not enjoy what they had going on. 

Edited by grilledcheese