DVDVR Message Board

AEW - OCT 2021

The Natural

1 hour ago, mystman said:

I meant the character more than the actual guy. I've never seen him "off character", though. 

Oh okay, gotcha. But as far as out of character stuff with MJF, it’s few and far between, but - there’s a Highspots “shoot”, I guess, hosted by Ethan Page, with MJF and Ricky Starks (featuring Allie Kat). It’s pre-AEW, but it’s worth watching. He talks about being bullied and judged because he’s Jewish in the part I watched (and also how good WCW was, whereas Page and Starks thought it was mostly boring wrestling).

20 minutes ago, Krone Meltzer said:

That's brilliant if that's their ploy that he's a tweener. 

Begs the question - if the entrance tunnels dictate face/heel, what is Malakai Black?

Beyond Good and Evil, innit?

FBtBmeDWQAMFsVN?format=jpg&name=large

The owners of Arthur Ashe stadium took out a full page ad in the Sports Business Journal. So presumably, they really want AEW back (or WWE to come in).

• Like 8

Lawful Good Heel vs Chaotic Evil Face (or even lawful good character who gets heel reactions vs chaotic evil character who gets cheers) is a genuinely fun pro wrestling idea, regardless of what the original intentions might have been. If this was the intention all along, it's straight-up genius.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Krone Meltzer said:

Begs the question - if the entrance tunnels dictate face/heel, what is Malakai Black?

By the angle they're going with, he's Clubber Lang, about to invite Brandi back to his apartment to show her what a real man is like.

HEY WOMAN!  HEY WOMAN!

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

By the angle they're going with, he's Clubber Lang, about to invite Brandi back to his apartment to show her what a real man is like.

HEY WOMAN!  HEY WOMAN!

Wrestling needs to borrow more from the Rocky movies. Case in point, Kenny saying "ain't gonna be no rematch." And I swear they already did the HEY WOMAN thing with Brandi. Maybe it was MJF or Jericho, but I recall something similar to it happening.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Krone Meltzer said:

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

HEY WOMAN!  HEY WOMAN!

Pity Paul Wight with tunnels:

g&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

I woke up this morning with a song stuck in my head. It was a sort of lazy, old-school hip-hop beat with a loping synth bass loop that is one step removed from Screw. It took me about 30 minutes to finally figure out that it was The Acclaimed's music. It's a really tight groove, too bad his flow can't keep up.

9 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

On the topic of themes, today I added the new FTR theme, as well as Christian Cage's one to my Spotify Gym playlists (different playlists, however). Neither one played during the workout yet, but they are there, waiting.

Love the Christian Cage theme. It's become a meme in my discord where if any sports game that's on could be an "instant classic" we throw that song on for added effect.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

HEY WOMAN!  HEY WOMAN!

The fact that this has never happened is kind of amazing.  Mr. T. trying to holla at Rocky's wife while they're dedicating a statue to him is the best heel move of all time in my book.  

• Like 1

Cody named his daughter "Liberty," has a MURICA neck tattoo, drives a big pickup truck despite doing zero manual labor, and sort of intimated that he thinks racism is dead.  I'd say he's Infowars' target demo and is just trying to throw us off the scent.  ?  Seriously, if Cody tweeted about Sandy Hook being a false flag, half of us wouldn't bat an eye and half of us would applaud him for continuing whatever Andy Kaufman-esque 4D chess work we suspect him of carrying out.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Cody named his daughter "Liberty," has a MURICA neck tattoo, drives a big pickup truck despite doing zero manual labor, and thinks racism is dead.  I'd say he's Infowars' target demo and is just trying to throw us off the scent.  ?

Have we ever heard him say, "I don't see color?"