DVDVR Message Board

2021 NCAAF - WEEK FIVE

Dolfan in NYC

My Texas Longhorns have put up 128 points in 2 games, without punting in either. This week will be a test, going back on the road against a team whose coach is known for good defensive gameplans and who lives to beat Texas.

Really enjoying the relative college football parity so far this season. 

So far, I've been wrong nearly every week about the Irish. This week, I feel pretty confident in saying they'll lose to Cinci. Like, if they somehow beat the Bearcats, then I don't know what the fuck is even going on anymore.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Craig H said:

So far, I've been wrong nearly every week about the Irish. This week, I feel pretty confident in saying they'll lose to Cinci. Like, if they somehow beat the Bearcats, then I don't know what the fuck is even going on anymore.

Kelly doing a favor to his old school in their pursuit of a playoff spot?  Works for me.

5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

YOUR Columbia Lions defeated the Georgetown Hoyas 35-24 to regain the Lou Little Cup!    

They now begin the Ivy League schedule at 2-0.   First up....

MOmV.gif

Roar Lion Roar!  

Flashback to the most famous moment in Columbia Football history besides the Rose Bowl in the 30's (ff to the 25 minute mark of the video):

• Like 1

All that video did was remind me of Freddie Sez.  

And the day when I told a classmate "God, I really don't like that guy."  

"No one here does. Congratulations, you're officially a New Yorker now."

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

All that video did was remind me of Freddie Sez.  

And the day when I told a classmate "God, I really don't like that guy."  

"No one here does. Congratulations, you're officially a New Yorker now."

Yeah that was one of those "AITAH" moments when I was going to Yankee games in my youth - then I learned that I wasn't the only one who felt that way

• Like 1

Since I didn't see it mentioned in last week's thread, during Saturday's game, Kentucky's DeAndre Square for intentionally shoving his own equipment manager on the sideline.  Square was jogging after running a guy out of bounds and came face-to-face with "Tink", the equipment guy.  Instead of trying to stop or ... anything else ... he gave Tink a hard shove, knocking him flying.  The two have talked it out and there's no issue between them but this is pretty terrible behavior IMHO:

3 hours ago, Tabe said:

Since I didn't see it mentioned in last week's thread, during Saturday's game, Kentucky's DeAndre Square for intentionally shoving his own equipment manager on the sideline.  Square was jogging after running a guy out of bounds and came face-to-face with "Tink", the equipment guy.  Instead of trying to stop or ... anything else ... he gave Tink a hard shove, knocking him flying.  The two have talked it out and there's no issue between them but this is pretty terrible behavior IMHO:

How was this cretin not kicked off the team and out of the school the second after he did that? That was a no doubt about it criminal act and the idea the guy will face no consequences for his actions is ridiculous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

How was this cretin not kicked off the team and out of the school the second after he did that? That was a no doubt about it criminal act and the idea the guy will face no consequences for his actions is ridiculous.

He put on his IG that this was a joke between friends.  Since UK didn't discipline him, I'm pretty sure that's the case. 

11 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

He put on his IG that this was a joke between friends.  Since UK didn't discipline him, I'm pretty sure that's the case. 

Generally when I'm joking with someone I don't blast them with enough force to send them flying backwards 15 feet in a place with a serious risk for something bad to happen (as someone who worked the chains at HS football games for 15 years I know this first hand) so even giving him the benefit of the doubt (which is still hard for me to believe after watching the clip) that was incredibly stupid.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, sabremike said:

Generally when I'm joking with someone I don't blast them with enough force to send them flying backwards 15 feet in a place with a serious risk for something bad to happen (as someone who worked the chains at HS football games for 15 years I know this first hand) so even giving him the benefit of the doubt (which is still hard for me to believe after watching the clip) that was incredibly stupid.

C'mon, I always knock guys flying right next to metal storage cases so they can't control their fall. It's nonstop hilarity! 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, EVA said:

I have revised my Week 1 position: Miami is not, in fact, going to be okay.

I can't wait for us to fire Diaz, spend money to hire an outside firm to do a coaching search and then just promote the offensive coordinator. Then bitch about how we don't have enough money for a quality head coach.

• Haha 1

RIP the AAC. Swing and a miss on their best hope to remain nationally relevant.

Also looks like the Mountain West is going to be aggressively looking at expansion, which as I’ve said before, is absolutely the correct posture that any conference that would like to be alive in 10 years should be taking.

1 hour ago, EVA said:

Maryland did the Maryland thing, and it looks like this is one of those once-every-five-years Good Iowa teams.

Thankfully it will shut up the folks around here screaming that Tua 2.0 should win the Heisman

2 hours ago, EVA said:

FOX paying $400 million a year to get the B1G game of the week and having to air a bunch of Graham Mertz Wisconsin games is pretty brutal.

What? This is A++++ entertainment.

Down goes ND. That's what happens when you fucking throw the ball directly to two different Cinci DBs, one of which was at the goal line, and muff a punt return. They looked every bit of who they really are today.