DVDVR Message Board

UFC 266: Volkanovski vs. Ortega (09/25/2021) - Las Vegas, NV (T-Mobile Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta

Robbie will likely be forty by the time he fights again. He's been in some great fights and I hope he has enough in the bank to call it quits after today and go do something else. 

Edited by Jimbo_Tsuruta

Good fights tonight. Valentina looked like the baddest woman on the planet again. Murphy is a good fighter, but it looked like she had no idea what to do against Valentina.

Alexander Volkanovski's submission defense was on point tonight. Took everything Ortega had and just kept coming.

Shev incredible, as always. Diaz was actually looking good, just looked like he was in the worst shape of his life. The 3rd round in Volk/Ortega was an all-timer, shocked that fight wasn't stopped when they physically had to pick up Brian off the mat at the end. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, waffle said:

Shev incredible, as always. Diaz was actually looking good, just looked like he was in the worst shape of his life. The 3rd round in Volk/Ortega was an all-timer, shocked that fight wasn't stopped when they physically had to pick up Brian off the mat at the end. 

Yeah, I thought the third was going to be stopped for that reason. That's one of the all-time great rounds. That would make for an interesting topic. My #1 has to be Robbie Lawler vs. Carlos Condit, round five. It's also in my top three MMA fights ever.

Guest Jimbo_Tsuruta
1 hour ago, The Natural said:

Yeah, I thought the third was going to be stopped for that reason. That's one of the all-time great rounds. That would make for an interesting topic. My #1 has to be Robbie Lawler vs. Carlos Condit, round five. It's also in my top three MMA fights ever.

Poirier v Hooker round two, imagine that madness with a hot crowd.

46 minutes ago, Ultimo Necro said:

The 3rd round in the main event was the craziest thing I’ve seen in years.  Thought it was a great show top to bottom.  I feel like every show in front of a big crowd since lockdown has been great.

Amazing round. One of the three best fights this year with Holloway/Kattar and Oliveira/Chandler.