DVDVR Message Board

Giving up on WWE

Ellsworth Toohey

Last night's RAW just sickened me. 

Those idiot fans chanting "YES! YES! YES!" for a lumbering stiff like The Big Show instead of deafening "WE WANT DANIEL BRYAN! WE WANT DANIEL BRYAN!" and "CM PUNK! CM PUNK!" chants.

If you took every wrestling fan in the Western world and offered them the choice between watching Low Ki vs. Naomichi Marufuji in a 45-minute match, or Kane vs. Big Show in a "battle of the choke slams," 99% would choose Kane vs. Show which just demonstrates how brainless most wrestling fans are.

Mindless zombie sheep dancing to Vince McMahon's tune.

I used to console myself with the belief that things would improve once Vince McMahon died.  But when you have Triple H pushing Big Show, a fat fuck who couldn't do a moonsault if his life depended on it, instead of phasing out the big men entirely and only pushing guys based on their workrate and ability to have 4 star matches on a nightly basis, it convinces me that the WWE deserves to burn to the ground in Chapter 7 liquidation bankruptcy and all their workers spending the rest of their lives living on welfare in a ghetto trailer park in Pinellas Park, Florida (Tampa's white trash neighborhood).

And I understand that things are only going to get worse, from my point of view, before they get better.  WWE will be awash in cash with the next TV contract, but I take solace in the fact that house show attendance continues to decline as does PPV revenue.

It will probably be another 15 years, and require Vince croaking, but Triple H and Steph will eventually drive the WWE out of business.

And that will be a glorious day for me when that finally happens.

If you took every wrestling fan in the Western world and offered them the choice between watching Low Ki vs. Naomichi Marufuji in a 45-minute match, or Kane vs. Big Show in a "battle of the choke slams," 99% would choose Kane vs. Show which just demonstrates how brainless most wrestling fans are.

I would choose to watch Kane vs Big Show.

• Like 9

If you don't like the WWE then that's cool & all, but the whole embarrassing self-righteous shtick because someone else likes something different to you just makes you look like an ass. "Oh no, they cheered for this guy instead of chanting for someone else who wasn't involved in the segment" is just super dumb.

Don't watch it, that's fine, but there's still plenty reasons why someone would want to watch the WWE. You need to learn to embrace that people watch things & like things for a variety of reasons. And with all due respect, I can't see me sitting through 45 minutes of Low-Ki. Sorry about that, but I think that Kane Big Show match a few years ago with the slow-mo chain wrestling was way more entertaining than Low-Ki stiffing guys. It wasn't good in a classic sense, but it made me laugh, it was an absurd spectacle. And all I want from wrestling is for it to be entertaining.

Yeah, I really like Daniel Bryan & wish he was the top dog, but so long as I get to see him, Antonio Cesaro, Mark Henry & so on, there's reason enough to at least fast forward through Raw.

pushing Big Show, a fat fuck who couldn't do a moonsault if his life depended on it, instead of phasing out the big men entirely and only pushing guys based on their workrate and ability to have 4 star matches on a nightly basis

Oh.

That 1% of people who could sit through 45 minutes of Low Ki have a serious problem. I assume those are the braindead ones from all the video games.

• Like 2

Video proof or it doesn't count. I'd send you my Macho King wrestling buddy from 1991 that's still in my parents' closet somewhere in MA to help.

This would be completely worth it.  I need to find an indy fed so I can borrow their ring.

Last night's RAW just sickened me. 

Those idiot fans chanting "YES! YES! YES!" for a lumbering stiff like The Big Show instead of deafening "WE WANT DANIEL BRYAN! WE WANT DANIEL BRYAN!" and "CM PUNK! CM PUNK!" chants.

Mindless zombie sheep dancing to Vince McMahon's tune.

I used to console myself with the belief that things would improve once Vince McMahon died.  But when you have Triple H pushing Big Show, a fat fuck who couldn't do a moonsault if his life depended on it, instead of phasing out the big men entirely and only pushing guys based on their workrate and ability to have 4 star matches on a nightly basis, it convinces me that the WWE deserves to burn to the ground in Chapter 7 liquidation bankruptcy and all their workers spending the rest of their lives living on welfare in a ghetto trailer park in Pinellas Park, Florida (Tampa's white trash neighborhood).

And I understand that things are only going to get worse, from my point of view, before they get better.  WWE will be awash in cash with the next TV contract, but I take solace in the fact that house show attendance continues to decline as does PPV revenue.

It will probably be another 15 years, and require Vince croaking, but Triple H and Steph will eventually drive the WWE out of business.

And that will be a glorious day for me when that finally happens.

Did you mean to post this on Cageside Seats? Because I think you took a wrong turn at Albuquerque, so to speak.

• Like 2