DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2021 - WEEK 3

Dolfan in NYC

13 hours ago, Gonzo said:

I had the #1 pick in one of my fantasy leagues this year and was all geared up to take Dalvin Cook at #1 overall. And then 15 seconds before the pick was due I switched it to McCaffrey.

So yeah, this is probably my fault somehow.

Well, Cook is also questionable this week and appears to be back to his normal, always injured self.

Dallas Cowboys linebacker Keanu Neal will be out for Monday Night Football against the Philadelphia Eagles and is likely to miss the Oct. 3 game against the Carolina Panthers as well.

Neal was placed on the reserve/COVID-19 list at the start of the week as a close contact, which forced a five-day quarantine that is mandated only for unvaccinated players. On Saturday, coach Mike McCarthy said Neal had tested positive, which prompts a new 10-day isolation period.

If Neal's status was changed Thursday, he could be eligible to play against the Panthers if he is symptom-free. However, by that time, he will have gone two weeks without a practice. Of the players the Cowboys have had on the reserve/COVID-19 list so far this season, all have been vaccinated and none returned sooner than 10 days.

"He will not be available Monday, but we'll see how it goes," McCarthy said. "We definitely haven't ruled him out for Carolina yet."

Defensive end Bradlee Anae also tested positive and is on the reserve/COVID-19 list. The Cowboys will be without three defensive linemen Monday -- Anae, Dorance Armstrong (ankle) and Carlos Watkins (knee) -- likely requiring a call-up or two from the practice squad and the debut of third-round draft pick Chauncey Golston, who missed all of training camp with a hamstring strain.

Didn't know where to put this, but if you played Fantasy Football then you may have known who Mike Tagliere is. He wrote a ton on it and was an NFL analyst. He unfortunately died from COVID last night. He had been battling it since mid August. 

On 9/23/2021 at 10:56 PM, Gonzo said:

I had the #1 pick in one of my fantasy leagues this year and was all geared up to take Dalvin Cook at #1 overall. And then 15 seconds before the pick was due I switched it to McCaffrey.

So yeah, this is probably my fault somehow.

I feel your pain on this one as well.  My consolation prize for being the first team not to make playoffs is the #1 pick.  I was leaning towards Derrick Henry but mpulled the trigger on McCaffrey as well.  I have Chuba Hubbard, that sort of cushions the blow.