DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 9/15/2021

Dolfan in NYC

19 minutes ago, EVA said:

They still have tonight’s Rampage to set up a match for Santana and Ortiz...

But they’re not scheduled for a match tonight. They would need about two key wins on elevation and dark next week to have a compelling argument for a title match the following week in Rochester.

or they can do some sort of automatic contenders match on rampage and then do the title match in Rochester.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

This isn't the only New York show they'll ever run. And Penta and Fenix only won the belts two weeks ago, and haven't defended them once yet. Give them a chance to have an actual title reign for a bit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

But they’re not scheduled for a match tonight. They would need about two key wins on elevation and dark next week to have a compelling argument for a title match the following week in Rochester.

or they can do some sort of automatic contenders match on rampage and then do the title match in Rochester.

I was thinking more just a match of any kind, not necessarily for the titles.

• Like 2

I can not wait for next week. Give me full on ROH style dickhead Bryan Danielson, give me fish hooks and spitting in peoples mouth, “I have til FIVE referee”, give me elbows to the head, surfboardin and cattle mutilatin’ Bryan Danielson.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, BrianS81177 said:

Daniels has a couple matches booked for DEFY over the next month or so. Maybe he's getting ready to come back. 

I hope so.  Daniels was one of my favorites back in the day and I think he deserves a proper send off that isn't getting punked out by the Bucks.

Really late, so just some random ass shit

I like Hirsch because she's only about a foot taller than my six year old daughter.

JR calling FTR "RTF" was pretty funny.  Ready To Fuck, I guess?

TK just mad flexin' on ya as the announce crew lays out next week's shows.  BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!  Like an 80s infomercial.  Two days after "PPV Quality Raw."

I give up trying to worry about whether Cody is a heel who thinks he's a face or is just IRL a big lunkhead who doesn't 100% understand pro wrestling, but having another person distract your rival so you can hit him from behind is not a face move.  Good to see Cody back in time to soak up that Latin American Heritage Month shine, though  ?

Men of the Year and all the MMA meatheads in the ring needed to dial back their "WE'RE HEEEEELS" mugging about 75%

Shit, did they say "shit" enough on this show or what?  Shit.

Does Windham Rotunda show up in two weeks to put the Dark Order back together, and then fight with Adam Page for their souls down the line?

I'm fine with Gunn Club as top the top heel faction on the Youtube shows.

Don Callis' heel stooging is A++++++++ and I love it

Punk with some great lines.  "Lambert is like Bobby Heenan plus a lot of Affliction."  "Last time I saw two well dressed people fighting like this was a family reunion."  Tony: You can be friends with a girl!  Punk: We'll talk about that later.

Really digging the logic of Andrade firing Chavo.  Fun little angle.

I love Hobbs' "extra in a Salt n Pepa video" gear.

Edited by Technico Support
  • Like 7
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

I hope so.  Daniels was one of my favorites back in the day and I think he deserves a proper send off that isn't getting punked out by the Bucks.

I thought bleeding his way out of properly being able to finish a match was a grand way to go.

but yeah, having to do that versus Young Bucks will make anyone sick

• Haha 2

So I had a ticket to sell because my friend couldn't go and I found a buyer. I sold it through stubhub and had no idea who bought but I knew when I got to the show, I'll be seated next to that person. I get to the show and for the whole night, that seat is empty. I thought maybe that person missed the show too.

I get an email last night saying "the ticket was put to good use" and it's a picture of the fan dressed up as Dusty Rhodes! That guy was over big time everyone last night.

• Like 20

2 hours ago, olythegreat89 said:

So I had a ticket to sell because my friend couldn't go and I found a buyer. I sold it through stubhub and had no idea who bought but I knew when I got to the show, I'll be seated next to that person. I get to the show and for the whole night, that seat is empty. I thought maybe that person missed the show too.

I get an email last night saying "the ticket was put to good use" and it's a picture of the fan dressed up as Dusty Rhodes! That guy was over big time everyone last night.

Yeah, Dusty fan was great. I saw him in line at a concession stand and his Dusty cosplay was on point. He even had the lisp down. 

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

About that...

94b54e_aae755376e28425c8cb909bdabd75493~

• Thanks 1

It's about damn time.

Hey, about 3-5 months ago was there not a tag team battle royal with a title shot on the line and FTR won that, right? They never cashed in either, right? Am I completely fucking this up?

Edited by Jiji

5 hours ago, Jiji said:

It's about damn time.

Hey, about 3-5 months ago was there not a tag team battle royal with a title shot on the line and FTR won that, right? They never cashed in either, right? Am I completely fucking this up?

That was last year. They won the tag team gauntlet then beat Omega & Page for the title.

They did a tag team battle royal this year at Revolution but the Lucha Bros won that.

• Thanks 1

On 9/17/2021 at 8:08 PM, Jiji said:

It's about damn time.

I think what you are thinking of is their title rematch which if I remember correctly they said they weren't ready to use yet because they had that feud with PnP going.

Now I could be wrong on that one, but I'm pretty sure I do remember them mentioning a title rematch in their clause.

• Thanks 1

Finally got around to this and it may just be the most entertaining, awesome Dynamite I've ever seen. Everything hit. EVERYTHING. They even managed to repeat themselves with two Pier 6 brawls that had the same incitements as other segments but manage to make them both great, with the first one being the best one (Cody/Black felt like Sullivan/Benoit for real). FTR/Dante and Evans was like Midnights/R'n'Rs on steroids. This was a great piece of television. 

EDIT: Shit, I didn't mention Shawn Spears having the best match of the night against Darby Allin! THAT was GREAT. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 4