DVDVR Message Board

NXT 2.0 - 9/14/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Updated  card

The wedding of Dexter Lumis and Indi Hartwell.

Tommaso Ciampa vs. Pete Dunne vs. LA Knight vs. Kyle O'Reilly to crown the new WWE NXT Champion.

WWE NXT Women's Champion Raquel Gonzalez vs. Franky Monet.

Kacy Catanzaro & Katden Carter vs. Gigi Dolan & Jacy Jayne.

The in-ring debut of B-Fab.

1 hour ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

Could be a potential spoiler for the winner of the title match but 

Hide contents

Pete Dunne has re-upped for 3 years according to a report from Fightful Select

At first I was sad about this...but he's still gonna be young at the end of that.

NXT 2.0 is really cute developmental kino now.

Based Bron Breakker.

Mandy Rose scared me.... yum.

I liked that Big Guy squashing Mavericketty.

The Creed destroying the whos was fun.

Matches were fast AF.

Good crowd.

A WWE wedding that wasn't garbage, a decent main event, and pushing new talent at the end.  A very promising launch for NXT 2.0.

I'd have been a little happier if Dunne had won, but I am okay with the circle closing and Ciampa reclaiming Goldie.

Who did LA Knight annoy to eat two pinfalls in one night?

Dexter Lumis threatening the any objections or forever hold your peace crowd with a throwing axe was king sized.

Indi Hartwell was such a beautiful bride!  

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Besides the Dunn Cuts (and that’s not to understate them, because it is indeed a travesty) I loved everything about this. The colors, the lit up studio wrestling style crowd, the focus on true developmental talent. This is far more my jam than the super Indy era of the show.

And a legit funny, entertaining, heartwarming wrestling wedding! That ruled.

I'm VERY conflicted on the overall look of the show but only tuned in for the wedding (will watch replay later) I think it's best for me to give it a few weeks before jumping to conclusions on the new direction but some things so far are quite jarring. 

But man did I adore everything about that wedding. If ever there was a need for a gif it's when Dexter speaks and all lose their minds. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore

More power to you if this Super Sloppy Double Dare arena and not at all ready for prime time developmental talent is your jam, but hoo boy this couldn’t be less for me. Add the Beav’s nauseating jump cuts and I’m ready to tap out after one episode.

This would be fine as some extra content on Peacock, but this has very little business on cable TV.

If you’re anyone AEW would show interest in, gotta imagine you’re jumping ship ASAP.

• Like 3

Super fun show. I’m all for big jacked up guys throwing dudes around.

I mean, it’s a jarring reboot and is probably doomed as a USA property but whatever.

We gotta talk about the stereotypical Italian mafioso character who left amateur wrestling because ‘the money is in NXT,’ though. 

Thanks, I hated it.

The show was a mess IMO. Tag matches turning into 6-mans out of nowhere. Guys fighting in title matches losing to guys I've never seen before at the start of the night. Other guys getting taken out of said title match in picture-in-picture, and being replaced by other guys I've never seen before. Can we please get to know some of these new people before we're expected to think they're important? I feel like they might end up with an entire division of 2017 Roman Reigns.

The wedding was fun, and I'm happy Ciampa is champ again. And I don't think anyone looked particularly BAD. Bron actually looked good, but Von Wagner looked out of place and sloppy at times. The Creed Brothers look like they might be good, so we'll see.