DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2021 - WEEK 2

Dolfan in NYC

Just because you are vaccinated doesn't mean you can't get COVID

(This isn't directed at anyone just the general irritation with the media - though ESPN is especially lazy with it - that they always seem shocked when someone who is vaccinated tests positive)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Just because you are vaccinated doesn't mean you can't get COVID

(This isn't directed at anyone just the general irritation with the media - though ESPN is especially lazy with it - that they always seem shocked when someone who is vaccinated tests positive)

Yeah, still feels like a high concentrated number of breakthrough cases, which is why I highlighted it.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Yeah, still feels like a high concentrated number of breakthrough cases, which is why I highlighted it.

Everything I've seen or read, makes me pretty sure it has to do with a good handful of players/coaches/trainers who are unvaccinated and engage in lots of high risk behavior.  When they test positive, they'll expose the vaccinated person to the virus repeatedly, due to the nature of the job. 

Then it's just the roll of a dice.  Mind you, that's a 100+ sided die as opposed to a 8 sided die (yup, mazel everyone, 1 in 8 Americans has had Covid at this point).  Sooner or later, you'll roll the wrong number, and that's that.  

That being said, breakthrough cases are by and large: a) very, very much not as bad as regular, and b) still extremely rare. 

• Like 1

Raheem Mostert also got hurt but Kyle Shanahan said he was told by doctor's that it isn't Mostert's ACL (they will know more after an MRI today)

Well this escalated quickly - Mostert announced on social media that he is out for the season as he is having knee surgery

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah, if anything their continued disingenuous shock hurts things as it just fuels the "why should I get jabbed if I can still get the 'rona" stuff.

• Like 1