DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 9/10/2021

Dolfan in NYC

What's the endgame with Chavo canceling Pac's flight when it was clear Andrade didn't want that? Why are they having descension already in a newly formed partnership? Not even I can see the bright side of Andrade's booking so far. I don't mind him trying to do what Kingston did with the Lucha Brothers but the execution was not good. Yeah , he looks like a million dollars but let's get this guy going in the ring some more. High expectations and people at the taping said it was great, so hopefully this is the beginning of him finding his footing. Let's go.

More Jamie Hayter on TV is great. Riho too. I get that Hayter was brought in as part muscle, part heater, but they've been a little too on the heater side for my mark ass' liking.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Jiji said:

What's the endgame with Chavo canceling Pac's flight when it was clear Andrade didn't want that? Why are they having descension already in a newly formed partnership?

I don't get what Chavo got out of it unless Pac had to forfeit and Andrade's record got increased by 1 win because of it. If I remember correctly, the Freebirds angle in GA was more about putting one opponent in a disadvantageous position for a tag match and maybe even protecting belts. I guess maybe it made Pac seem like a coward afraid to face Andrade?

As for the endgame?

It's Flair as Andrade's corner man and talker, right?

• Like 3

On Fite, they cut all of the breaks out altogether, so the show was only 44 minutes long and finished 8 minutes ago.

I was not expectign the person who made the big save at the end to be who it was. But in retrospect it makes perfect sense.

Although I can't speak in retrospect because it hasn't happened yet.

• Haha 2

Andrade and Pac on any given night can be considered among the best in the world. It's just a matter of getting their storylines and character work going. Love the bastard Pac stuff but he's been without a solid feud for a while. These two just said fuck all that shit and busted everything out. Great fucking match and while it was hardly an ideal finish the post-match helped start right the ship for Andrade's character. Let's go. Hopefully we get a rematch. 

• Like 8

I love Reba.  I AM HERE TO BE PINNED!  Ruby Soho is so fun.  The main event was very much like a Tuesday Night Titans match, which is neato.  The Andrade/The Bastard PAC match was a big time match.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Jiji said:

Women's match I didn't see all of but what I saw looked good. Soho and Hayter looked like they clicked better second time around. 

I think this was actually their first time around, but it's true.

1 minute ago, Jiji said:

Andrade and Pac on any given night can be considered among the best in the world. It's just a matter of getting their storylines and character work going. Love the bastard Pac stuff but he's been without a solid feud for a while. These two just said fuck all that shit and busted everything out. Great fucking match and while it was hardly an ideal finish the post-match helped start right the ship for Andrade's character. Let's go. Hopefully we get a rematch. 

Felt like the crowd didn't really know how to react to the post-match since it was faces doing some real heel shit.  The match was aces, though.

The trios match was fun.  It looked like Riho really cracked Hayter on the jaw with that 619.  Hayter took a nice  bump on that dive, too, really throwing her legs out as Riho hit her.

The Spears/Darby stuff is doing nothing for me and feels like a real waste of Darby coming off the Punk match.

1 minute ago, Zimbra said:

The trios match was fun.  It looked like Riho really cracked Hayter on the jaw with that 619.  Hayter took a nice  bump on that dive, too, really throwing her legs out as Riho hit her.

Hayter is fucking awesome.  She leans into everything,

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Isn't the taping order Elevation, Dynamite, and close with Rampage? 

I think it was Rampage then Dynamite because while Dynamite was on, folks were reporting on how good the Andrade match was.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jiji said:

Fellow Canadians, when streaming Rampage on TSN's website, do you get these weird black vertical lines like pinstripes running down the screen?

Haven’t had a chance to watch tonight yet, but I think I got this a few weeks ago. Soft see-through stuff over the show, right? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DEAN said:

Hayter is fucking awesome.  She leans into everything,

This x A Big Number. Being a talented base in any women's division is a huge skill to have. Hayter jumped into Riho's plancha like she was fuckin' Averno or somebody - related question - who are the best emergent lucha bases? I remember thinking Hechicero was a dude of some talent in that regard but CMLL is a dumpster fire and I've lost focus on the matter.

Turns out you can run PAC vs. Andrade whenever you need to absolutely tear a house down. It didn't even seem like they were going full steam. Jesus, imagine if this match were slotted in to All Out where it was supposed to be, you would have taken the hottest US PPV of the last ten years and bumped it up to even another level. Pair these guys up. I think they have a stupendous 30 minute draw in them and a MOTYC blowoff after that.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Chavo really needed to land a better shot for that finish to work, but hot damn that match was great other than that. When Andrade is on he is so much fun to watch. 

Shame about the finish because the rest of that match was electric. Even the post-match stuff didn’t make a whole lot of sense. Andrade is mad at Chavo for using the iPad, but not the guy with the taser? Weird.

This 100% is leading to Flair with Andrade. I’m with Matt on that one. I think it’s the right move too because Andrade doesn’t have it on the mic.

Even those of you who don’t like the idea will mark out with the rest of us when it leads to Andrade w/ Flair vs Darby w/ Sting.

• Like 6