DVDVR Message Board

NXTuesday - 9/7/2021

Dolfan in NYC

Ember Moon is really good.  I can't wait until her first AEW Women's Championship match.

EDIT: And Kacey and Kaden!  The 2022 AEW Women's division is going to be LIT!

• Haha 3

Missed the whole first half hour and the main was washed out by the storm outside. 

Who's Mei Ying? Does she really need a Muta gimmick? The new Diamond Mine hosses look dumb and dangerous, nice. 

The young girl (or possibly, fully grown woman?) screaming for Io during and after her match sounded like a nine-year old being chased by Jason. 

Dexter doing the thumbs up will be a gif in 3... 2... 1...

KLR/Ember was good. Sounds like Ember will finally be getting a gimmick change. Curious to see what it will be,

Io/Stark vs. Kacy/Kayden was solid. Kind of wish Kacy and Kayden won though I don't dislike Stark & Io's dynamic. Mandy's laying out poor Kacy and Kayden was neat. I assume GG Dolin & Jacy challenge for the belts next.

That Creed Brothers' squash was glorious and reminiscent of a Steiner Brothers' murder. I need more of these two.

Mei Ying's squash was short and decent.

Enjoyed the Bachelor/Bachelorette parties. Lumis murdering people during lazer tag was perfect. I also dug the zombie ref joining in and actually speaking. There was also something amusing about how readily Candice is willing to spy on people while decrying how Lumis is creepy.

Dug Ciampa & Knights promos for the no. 1 contenders match next week.

MSK vs. 1-2 was solid though I'm disappointed to see the Brits+Oney already breaking up. Was hoping we would get a War Games with them vs. Ciampa, Thacther, Joe, and whoever.

Hopefully Raquel/Taya and the 4-way deliver something good next week.

Went back on the DVR to catch the rest. Ember/Kay Lee Ray was real good minus the kickout shockfaces. I haven't seen Ember since she had the contacts and now she looks like she stepped out of The Road Warrior. Had to catch the tag squash again and that was BRUTAL. The final exclamation mark lariat where dude basically shoulderblocked the jobber at the same time was vicious as hell, rewatched it three times. What recorded of the main (damn rain) was too much of MSK's juniors flippery for my taste. Oney and Danny should have pummeled them but of course that's not what the angle had in the cards. 

The Lumis thumbs up and nod... so good. 

I hope The Creed Bros. can talk because that f’n ruled. Enough wrestlers who have my build (gangly, physically weak) and more guys who will f dudes up and not even care. On top of just mugging those kids, they also had the right meathead heel superiority attitudes. They just need to talk enough.

• Like 2

Well you can already see how they are gonna blend new talent that "fit" the WWE Main Roster look with guys who can already wrestle

The Creed Brothers under Roderick Strong and Hideki Suzuki

Ridge Holland in a team with Pete Dunne

Heck even to a slightly lesser extent - Carmelo Hayes feuding against all of El Legado del Fantasma

1 minute ago, Greggulator said:

I hope The Creed Bros. can talk because that f’n ruled. Enough wrestlers who have my build (gangly, physically weak) and more guys who will f dudes up and not even care. On top of just mugging those kids, they also had the right meathead heel superiority attitudes. They just need to talk enough.

Why do they need to talk? It is the entire reason Malcolm Bivens is there

• Like 10

On 9/8/2021 at 8:33 AM, RIPPA said:

I hate how much I enjoyed this

So do I.  I would be lying if I said that it did not warm my heart when Lumis and Grimes finally made peace.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

It's a pro wrestling wedding. It's going to go to hell. It almost has to. I don't think they have any potentially satisfying thing in their pocket for it though. Maybe if the Diamond Mine hadn't already debuted or if Candice could still wrestle.

1 hour ago, hammerva said:

I can't imagine Vince and Bruce looking at MSK and thinking this is what the product should be.  Although I have a feeling most of the teams fit that category.    I can only imagine how goofy Hit Row is going to look

I have that feeling every time Carmelo Hayes shows up on tv.  He doesn't stand out to me in any way.

Ember/KLR was a good match, though Ember really needs some wins at this point and KLR obviously wasn't going to lose in her debut.

Add another vote to the Creed Bros looking tremendous in their first outing.

The Way comedy bits have done nothing for me thusfar but tonight's were actually pretty entertaining.

Hayes is technically sound in the ring but otherwise forgettable.

11 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

The young girl (or possibly, fully grown woman?) screaming for Io during and after her match sounded like a nine-year old being chased by Jason.

I had to mute the show for the match because of how annoying this was.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Why do they need to talk? It is the entire reason Malcolm Bivens is there

Based on their mouths in that match? I'm guessing we are in store for dumb jock dialogue to make the heart sing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

It's a pro wrestling wedding. It's going to go to hell. It almost has to. 

My... um.... theory.....  is that the wedding will be ruined by the return of Austin Theory.

• Haha 1