DVDVR Message Board

DVDVR SURVIVAL FOOTBALL 2021

RIPPA

4 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

The dam has to break at some point as we pick all the easy W teams. I suspect one random week will wipe out most of us.

If you're flow chart isn't "Is the team playing the Lions or the Texans? -> Yes -> Have you picked them already ->  No", then you're fucking up.

• Like 2

Yeah - but I dont expect this Lions team to go 0-17 - like for example, I could easily see them beating the Eagles

And that flow chart should contain the Jets - especially with Zack Wilson out

Of course that means believing in the Bengals

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah - but I dont expect this Lions team to go 0-17 - like for example, I could easily see them beating the Eagles

It ain't exactly foolproof, but I feel like the Lions for example could end up turning it around or very well end up 1-16 somehow just purely based on Murphy's Law. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yeah the Jets have been a big part of my personal flowchart so far.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Robert C said:

Yeah the Jets have been a big part of my personal flowchart so far.

I hadn't even been keeping track of the Lions, only learned this week they hadn't won, my general strategy has been whoever is playing the Jets or Texans. If I haven't picked either of their opponents, I decide which is more likely to have a fluke upset.

9 minutes ago, JLowe said:

I hadn't even been keeping track of the Lions, only learned this week they hadn't won, my general strategy has been whoever is playing the Jets or Texans. If I haven't picked either of their opponents, I decide which is more likely to have a fluke upset.

I didn't know till I started looking at the survival stuff this morning.  I mean, I knew they were bad, but didn't realize they hadn't won at all.  Possibly because I don't think I've actually watched a minute of any NFL game so far.

I took a look at who I've picked against so far, and I've spread it around more than I figured.  Six teams in seven weeks, with the only repeat offender being Houston.

2 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

If you're flow chart isn't "Is the team playing the Lions or the Texans? -> Yes -> Have you picked them already ->  No", then you're fucking up.

As loath as I am to say this, but you may want to start including Miami on there, especially if the rumors are true and they start selling off pieces like Xavien Howard.  

Oh, and look at that website I mentioned earlier. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I agree with the flowchart, its a solid strategy. But usually by now, that 'shitty team that always loses' has a random ass win (remember the Jets beating the Titans??) that knocks out half the league.

That's the one that got me.

The NFL loves to try and pimp parity but god bless is it not anymore

9 teams have 5 or more wins right now (so 5-1, 5-2, 6-1, 7-0)

10 teams have 2 or fewer wins right now including a winless team and 4 teams with only 1 win

• Like 1

On 10/31/2021 at 7:09 PM, Robert C said:

Stupid New York teams.  Can’t trust em to do anything.  Even to lose correctly. 

Well, due to the Giants, the Lulu Pencil Factory is still open for business. **hits Fargo strut**