DVDVR Message Board

Raw Spoilers for 11/11/13

victor

The Wyatts take out an Uso, injuring him so he can't compete at Survivor Series.  The Shield tries to take out the other Uso, but Ryback stops them, calls them a bunch of bullies, and joins the face team.  This leads to Ryback beating Ambrose in a title match at TLC.

Ryback's dead, no-one cares about him heel or face.

Last week he was using the jackhammer and the spear and had me buzzing about the prospect of Goldberg coming in and destroying him, this week he bends over and takes one from R-Truth. The fact Ryback is pretty terrible and is handed shit-balls of inconsistent booking week-in, week-out doesn't help. You protect limited guys like Ryback, he doesn't have the ability of a Daniel Bryan to shine through dead booking.

Guess I haven't payed much attention to Ziggler matches recently. I didn't see the 'absurd bump', if it was the out of the ring one it wasn't worse than anything else he usually does. Both guys actually bumped big in that match though it pisses me off they just don't give the guy that looks like Mr. Perfect his belt already instead of his son. Hell they should just get rid of Axel and give Ziggler the fisherman's suplex and rolling neckbreaker.

Punk is using the Singapore Cane just as much as his complete opposite the Sandman these days (of course FSW would say they are in similar shape). 

Kudos for Orton taking that chokeslam. Just enormous height there.

Just so we're all clear on this; neither one of those twatwaffles is so much as a pimple on the late great Mr. Perfect's ass; his wasted genetic byproduct or the other guy. That is all.

It's also worth pointing out that the watered down World Title (well, Cena's hanging on to it at the moment so I guess it's not so watered down for a few more weeks or months) is the modern equivalent of Perfect's belt.

• Like 1

What exactly about Ziggles makes him "the next Mr. Perfect"? The guy can't talk for shit; doesn't do anything eye catching on offense; and doesn't inspire people to be better workers.

Being willing and able to bounce the back of your head of the mat doesn't make a great wrestler. It makes a guy who can't do shit else.

• Like 3

Really liked the Cena/Real Americans match. Some awesome spots in there again, Cena and Cesaro work great together. Loved Cena's wrap around into the powerbomb on Cesaro. Good stuff. Ending ruled, really exciting stuff... definitely a good setup for a Survivor Series tag if they go that route.

The Wyatts take out an Uso, injuring him so he can't compete at Survivor Series.  The Shield tries to take out the other Uso, but Ryback stops them, calls them a bunch of bullies, and joins the face team.  This leads to Ryback beating Ambrose in a title match at TLC.

Ryback's dead, no-one cares about him heel or face.

Last week he was using the jackhammer and the spear and had me buzzing about the prospect of Goldberg coming in and destroying him, this week he bends over and takes one from R-Truth. The fact Ryback is pretty terrible and is handed shit-balls of inconsistent booking week-in, week-out doesn't help. You protect limited guys like Ryback, he doesn't have the ability of a Daniel Bryan to shine through dead booking.

In other words, the scenario I suggested would do for Ryback what people say WWE Creative has been doing to other wrestlers, so it is perfectly logical prediction for what they might do.

The Ryback thing is weird because WWE is apparently keen to get Bill Goldberg to do a match with him next year.

Even if he does agree to do a an appearance, why bother if Ryback is going to be a total joke?

Yeah, at this point, Ryback ranks somewhere between Renegade and Gillberg in the pantheon of blatant clones and outright parodies. Thing is when Ryback and Bryan had that great match on Smackdown I thought they were actually doing some long-term booking and setting up that Ryback finally would win a belt and that Bryan would be the guy to slay the beast.

Now he's just an interchangeable monster of the week like Warlord and Barbarian were in the early 90's. But only worse because at least neither of those guys were suddenly demoted to total joke phases after pushing the top dog to a virtual draw (Extreme Rules.)

There are only so many prime spots on a show. There are only so many guys who can be pushed at once. Some guys have to lose. They tried and tried and tried to get Ryback over huge. It didn't work. The guy has his strengths but he's not that good. Who would you rather see get wins or matches against main guys right now? Ryback or Luke Harper? It's a no-brainer to me. Ryback has a strong enough personality where he can be put in a good angle but he's not a main event dude. He's a good heel bully and he'll need to win and lose in that role.

Seriously, why are we caring about Ryback this much?

• Like 1

Not wrestlers to characters, though.  Just wrestlers to plot devices. 

So John Cena is "Midi-Chlorians did it." 

HHH is "Oh, yeah, you have a sister too, so, whatever. There's only the one girl so, guess who." 

Daniel Bryan is  "You can't win, Darth, If you strike me down..."

while sadly at the same time, Dolph Ziggler is "Ben?  NOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

Big Show is "I had no choice. They arrived right before you did. I'm sorry."

Mark Henry is "This Battle Station is fully operational."

• Like 1

wouldn't it make more sense for Ryback to turn face and go against Axel for the IC title (since Ryback is a joke and so is Axel and the IC belt at this point...). Let Ryback bulldozer through some people for a few months, defending the title, then Goldberg comes in and squashes him and Ryback loses the belt on the post-Mania RAW to someone. I don't know, Alexander Rusev maybe.

/armchair booking

wouldn't it make more sense for Ryback to turn face and go against Axel for the IC title (since Ryback is a joke and so is Axel and the IC belt at this point...). Let Ryback bulldozer through some people for a few months, defending the title, then Goldberg comes in and squashes him and Ryback loses the belt on the post-Mania RAW to someone. I don't know, Alexander Rusev maybe.

/armchair booking

Ziggler at the end if you really want to fuck with Ryback after that. Which buries both once again in a public sense.

This might seem weird but I feel like Dolph deserves something, at least a total placeholder belt, just for him being a total bump freak that they let kill himself over and over. Unless he keeps it safe at house shows I guess. I know I couldn't eat that abuse over a year, nor most others.

OK, I want Heyman to be in a full body cast with Curtis Axel wheeling him out strapped to a dolly and holding the microphone up to his mouth hole for him. Is that so wrong?

I don't get to watch much Raw - is this WWE "main event style" or WWE "TV main event style"?: The Shield vs. Bryan and Punk was just sorta there at the start until they decided it was time to kick it into another gear and everyone started bumping and flying all over the place. One would think they could find a middle ground between the plodding starts and the hyperactive finishes.

And yeah, that ending was awesome, so much better than last week's. 

• Like 1

There are only so many prime spots on a show. There are only so many guys who can be pushed at once. Some guys have to lose. They tried and tried and tried to get Ryback over huge. It didn't work. The guy has his strengths but he's not that good. Who would you rather see get wins or matches against main guys right now? Ryback or Luke Harper? It's a no-brainer to me. Ryback has a strong enough personality where he can be put in a good angle but he's not a main event dude. He's a good heel bully and he'll need to win and lose in that role.

Seriously, why are we caring about Ryback this much?

I completely disagree with this. Ryback is in such a shitty spot right now that I think people forget how over he actually was as a babyface. He had the look, good power moves to pop the crowd, and a catch phrase everyone chanted along with. That's pretty much the recipe for a WWE main eventer.

I still can't figure out exactly what was going through Vince's mind when he signed off on throwing away months of work on Ryback to just up and start booking him to look like a complete doofus. They hot-shotted him into the Punk title feud too soon, then proceeded to job him out of EVERY SINGLE PPV match he had. I don't know if it was one of those "job the guy out after pushing him to the moon to test his loyalty" bullshit things they do sometimes or what, but it totally killed any momentum he had.

Then the god awful abortion of a heel turn came and I think we all know how it went from there.