DVDVR Message Board

Rampage - 9/3/21

Jiji

I know that Garcia vs Darby was fun main event match but I think we know about the true moment of Rampage tonight:   Drunk fan trying to give CM Punk a beer and him giving the guy a "do you know who the fuck I am" look  ?

Also we need a REDEEM DEEZ NUTS shirt too 

I love the honesty of Punk on commentary talking about how nervous he was about his match and how Darby was doing his old moves better than I did 

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, hammerva said:

I know that Garcia vs Darby was fun main event match but I think we know about the true moment of Rampage tonight:   Drunk fan trying to give CM Punk a beer and him giving the guy a "do you know who the fuck I am" look  ?

Also we need a REDEEM DEEZ NUTS shirt too 

I love the honesty of Punk on commentary talking about how nervous he was about his match and how Darby was doing his old moves better than I did 

Fun show, always flys by. Surprised Malakai/Lee went almost 10 minutes, but I liked Jericho saying Black's blood type was Type O Negative. Great Miro/Kingston brawl. Solid main event with an exciting closing leading in to the PPV. Liked the Countdown a lot too, good Punk interview adding to the build/hype. 

Thought this was the best show they have put on since Punk’s debut 

The drunk fan moment was funny, but I also smirked at “Sting’s got this, right?”

Black has found something here. Digging the methodical pace. It sticks out in this environment and oh boy do those moments of violence look real violent. 

Pretty much every segment of this show was solid. I even thought the commentary improved tremendously this week. Jericho does actually have a talent for it when he’s not screaming and Mark was much better than he has been.

Count me in on loving those pre-main event promos.

Edited by Jrag
  • Like 8

I like Johnson as the plucky-but-overmatched babyface.  This wasn't quite as good as the Miro match but I dug the story they told.

Totally agree with Jrag about Black's pacing.  It's like a Pixies song with the LOUD quiet LOUD parts.  I bet him vs Dustin is gonna be pretty damn good.

Garcia rules and I'd watch him wrestle Darby a dozen more times.  Great stiff strikes and really leaning into each other's offense and flying into bumps in painful ways.  

I was just about to say what @Jrag said better about Black. You don't want to take your eyes off him end-to-end, and the violence like that brutal looking roundhouse after mugging Johnson in the corner is special when the prevalent house style is pretty sprints.

Show flew of course, Jericho was pretty much tolerable but Mizark is pretty much dead weight. Was it him saying 'this creeps me out' during the Black entrance, throwing off the vibes? In terms of on-screen, just let him do the interviews, if they must, and leave it at that.

Good to see them mix up the format with Miro and Kingston in-person after the awesome pre-taped stuff from Dynamite. That one is close to knocking off my other most anticipated matches (tag title and Punk/Darby) for Sunday. 

30 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Also, it's incredible how far Taz has came since that awful TNA run. 

How dare you. (I'm half-kidding. Taz cared so little it came all the way back around and was hilarious.)

But for real, Taz is by far the best commentator they have. 

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Like 3

I could watch Statlander and Hayter lockup all day. They are made for each other and I hope they are rivals over the next decade. Hayter can do no wrong in my books. 

Will have to watch the main event and rewatch the Black/Johnson match as I can't give it full attention live on Friday nights. 

• Thanks 1