DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 9/1/21

Technico Support

16 minutes ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

PAC vs Andrade getting canceled for ALL OUT. I wanted to see that! =(

Those two and Dutch Black need to be paired together. Throw Punk in there too, since he wants to work with the youngins. 

"Midnight Bucks" is making me laugh way too hard. 

Midnight+Cowboy+21.jpg

Edited by Curt McGirt

8 minutes ago, Casey said:

The Young Bucks didn't even get a tag team win on one of their big 4 PPVs until LAST YEAR (and didn't even win the titles until November 2020). Omega stayed out of the World title picture until Full Gear 2020, and arguably brought Hangman Page to that next level. They put over a green as fuck tag team in Private Party on, what, the third episode of Dynamite? on national TV?

But, yeah, they won't ever get their comeuppance. Sure. They're just going to reign supreme forever or something.

Good god.

Recent evidence suggests otherwise. They’ve mowed through teams with such unrepentant aplomb that it stands to question whether they’ll truly take the satisfying ass beating that usually concludes runs like these. I think it’s also fair to ask why the young bucks should’ve been considered at the level that justifies a run of this length and dominance level. This shit should’ve ended swiftly at the hands of Mox & King, but instead the Bucks got their buggy whip arms raised in victory and strutted out of the arena like they’d just squashed two trainees on DARK.

(i might not totally believe that last part. I just needed to use the phrase “buggy whip arms” to get Bingo on my Jim Cornette Bingo card.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

God, this company is so stacked with talent. Ricky Starks, Will Hobbs, Hook are all guys I really want to see more and develop into top stars and that's just one faction. The depth is ludicrous. Hook one of the few wrestlers going that protects his gimmick.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, just drew said:

Also, I have no idea where Daniel Garcia came from but it’s an indictment on wwe’s developmental system that AEW found him, signed him, and got him on tv in an effective role within six months while Vince is still deciding whether or not he can make money with fucking Keith Lee.

Garcia was actually on an episode of 205 Live!  They had him lose to Drew Gulak in under a minute.

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, just drew said:

It would make me feel better if they hung out with arn and Tully offscreen and executive produced some shit instead of doing the same tired schtick that got wrestling cancelled on this network 20 years ago.

Dude, they are going to lose the titles at some point. Why are you working yourself up so much that the Elite are beating people down to end shows? It'll probably happen til at least Revolution when Hangman wins the title. IIRC, the problem was never the nWo betdowns up until the Sting/Hogan match - it was everything that followed. Maybe I'm wrong since I was, idk, six at the time, but having gone back and done research I'm pretty sure that's what it was.

• Thanks 4

5 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

You'd need to have Colten & Billy vs. Hook & Taz during the build up.

I SWEAR TO GOD that earlier today I was thinking that they should turn the Gunn Club.  The fact that I pondered that scenario really means that I need a hobby.

• Haha 8

As much as I enjoyed this show, and the promotion in general, every time they wheel out the Good Brothers I think of that episode of Seinfeld where Jerry finds out the girl he's dating used to date Newman. It's like, how can I be with someone that sees something in that?

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

Btw I know HOOK is a meme at this point but we all unironically agree that he’s better than both Gunn kids and Brock Anderson right? Just by standing around he shows a lot more character and promise than those three. 

Edited by eikerir
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

As much as I enjoyed this show, and the promotion in general, every time they wheel out the Good Brothers I think of that episode of Seinfeld where Jerry finds out the girl he's dating used to date Newman. It's like, how can I be with someone that sees something in that?

Just wait until Anderson debuts Sour Boy on national TV.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

They are so bad. I just don't get the appeal at all. Didn't like them in NJPW, WWE, Impact, AEW or their unfunny PPVs. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, eikerir said:

Btw I know HOOK is a meme at this point but we all unironically agree that he’s better than both Gunn kids and Brock Anderson right? Just by standing around he shows a lot more character and promise than those three. 

Who is meming about hook? What direction are they? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Gallows & Anderson aren't sticking around in AEW once this Super Elite stuff ends and everybody moves on. They've really only been featured in New Japan and Impact crossover stuff, or Super Elite beatdown angles.

Austin Gunn has been totally miscast as a babyface this entire time. He's very much got his father's shit eating grin and he's super obnoxious. I think he could be an effective lower midcard heel. Colten's power level is too high for his role. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

Seeing Powerhouse Hobbs having all the charisma and we are supposed to cheer Brian Cage? Nope! 

Also: HOOK! 

I liked the match but was thinking the roles really should be reversed when watching it.

I thought this was a much better show than the past couple of weeks.

Only thing I didn’t like was the HFO bailing when they had a significant numbers advantage over Jungle Boy and little Marko Stunt. Can heels not count? And then after Jungle Boy takes a bump off the cage, Stunt just walks back down. So lame, fingers crossed Khan doesn’t re-sign him.

CM Punk getting physical and hitting the GTS was cool.

Both MJF and Jericho did an excellent job with their promos. Having JR who signed Jericho to WWE do the interview was a nice touch too because if he does retire there is a nice symmetry there.

After the Miro Kingston package I never want God’s favorite champion to lose but also want Kingston to win.

Britt Baker teasing a free agent signing only for it to just be her was very funny.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Yo-Yo's Roomie said:

17 minutes ago, MoeCristyV.1.6 said:

They are so bad. I just don't get the appeal at all. Didn't like them in NJPW, WWE, Impact, AEW or their unfunny PPVs. 

I'm no fan of the Good Brothers either. What's helped them is holding tag team titles everywhere despite that and Bullet Club status. One redeeming thing about them:

Luke Gallows spot on Howard Finkel impression. Daniel is the greatest ring announcer of all time. "And...New!!!"

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Garcia was actually on an episode of 205 Live!  They had him lose to Drew Gulak in under a minute.

Thank you for proving my point far more effectively than I ever could have.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Jiji said:

God, this company is so stacked with talent. Ricky Starks, Will Hobbs, Hook are all guys I really want to see more and develop into top stars and that's just one faction. The depth is ludicrous. Hook one of the few wrestlers going that protects his gimmick.

It’s nuts that AEW is at the point with their roster that they can just stash a Ricky Starks in their back pocket until they need him.

• Thanks 1