DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEP 2021

The Natural

Very glad they're doing this for Owen, should be an awesome thing. To be honest, kind of wish it was for Brodie in the same breath though just because what he has clearly meant to AEW as a whole. Either way, nice to see people being remembered and honored for their contributions to the business. Legend.

• Like 1

Good point though the fact that Martha signed off on this shows a bigger softening on her end. This news has me strangely emotional. Like, understandably a lot of Owen's career has been mothballed. Seeing him actually celebrated is going to be a very emotional deal. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

I wonder if this burns any bridges with Bret. Given his attitude toward the widow Hart.

It's possible. I wonder tho if even knowing Bret and Martha don't get along, if he's just happy Owen is finally going to be part of the wrestling community again. It's just me guessing here. But I think with Bret's love for the wrestling business, and Owen's memory finally being allowed to be a part of it, he's probably very happy about it. A lot of their grudge is over her not letting Owen's memory be associated with wrestling anymore. So maybe this helps their relationship a bit.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

Damn, I hope we get Bret in the game too. Not sure if he's still on a Legends deal that would prohibit that or anything 

I don't think so - he, of course, has appeared in AEW but he was worried about Natalya being punished apparently if he did too much. Can't see him not appearing again when the tournament happens though.

Ultimately The Owen Hart Foundation is going to level up in a big way and that's just great. 

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Hagan said:

Good point though the fact that Martha signed off on this shows a bigger softening on her end. This news has me strangely emotional. Like, understandably a lot of Owen's career has been mothballed. Seeing him actually celebrated is going to be a very emotional deal. 

i feel you, brother. Owen's death hit me hard in 1999, and hit me even harder a few years ago when i rewatched all of the Attitude Era shows. 

not the first time Owen's been involved in a non-WWE wrestling project since his death. he was in (at least) one of the Legends of Wrestling video games.

• Like 1

CM Punk and Owen Hart both back in the landscape of professional wrestling in 2021. I really am not trying to be morbid here, but man - that Brodie show may have changed the course of the entire business judging by some of the comments Punk made. It's so sad what happened, especially with the Rochester show looming next week, but damn it all Brodie and AEW changed the business. For the better. That man, that heartfelt tribute show - everything.

• Like 12

3 minutes ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

Close facsimile will probably play. I don't think even WWE are pig-headed enough to try anything foolish on this one.

If you look at the Owen Hart PWTees page that’s what it looks like. Also I wonder how much the WWE still legally owns with regards to wrestlers image, especially given how long it’s been .

Really they shouldn’t care. They aren’t competition, apparently.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, RunningFromAmerica said:

Close facsimile will probably play. I don't think even WWE are pig-headed enough to try anything foolish on this one.

The same WWE that regularly takes blood money and does a myriad of even shittier things? Of course they're going to do something.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, twiztor said:

i feel you, brother. Owen's death hit me hard in 1999, and hit me even harder a few years ago when i rewatched all of the Attitude Era shows. 

not the first time Owen's been involved in a non-WWE wrestling project since his death. he was in (at least) one of the Legends of Wrestling video games.

Owen and Eddy are the two wrestlers I can't really watch anymore because of how sad it is. 

• Like 1