DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEP 2021

The Natural

20 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

The Pinnacle I don’t know. I fantasy booked in my mind The Elite turning face after Kenny loses the belt, and faces The Pinnacle with a heel Cody Rhodes leading them as revenge against his old pals. 

What's Cody need The Pinnacle for? He lost four guys from his entourage still has Lee Johnson and Brock Anderson and Dustin and the Gunns and Red Velvet and Baron Black and Fuego and Kilynn King. He's all set. I guess if Pinnacle wants to be a sub group like the Gunn Club, that could be allowed. But it needs to be made clear that Cody isn't in The Pinnacle, The Pinnacle is in the Nightmare Family. Gotta keep the hierarchy clear for everyone. 

Seriously though, there's probably a smart story to do about someone successfully usurping leadership role in The Pinnacle the way MJF tried with the Inner Circle, but I didn't enjoy the execution of any of that stuff so I'd rather they not. I guess Cody could have some sort of come-to-Jesus moment where he realizes the guys who turned on him were kind of right about him, but MJF really put him through the ringer. It's an interesting idea, but I think I'd probably steer clear. 

I was thinking of instantly kicking MJF out, and swapping him for Cody. I think Cody would be a way better leader for them. MJF just doesn’t fit in that role. He’s more like a user, than anything. Like he’d hire the Pinnacle to do his dirty work. You don’t even need Wardlow in the group. He can leave with MJF. 

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

22 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

More 2.0 please, less Hollywood Hunk’s Twin Peaks universe.

i've watched BTE every week for 3 years now, and the only thing i specifically skip is Nick Nemeth's stuff. that's the opposite of a ringing endorsement. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Looks like Arthur Ashe will get all the big matches next week. I’m sensing along with Suzuki-Gun Vs. Mox & Kingston, and BPJ Vs. MJF, we’ll get Dragon’s first match, and CM Punk’s first AEW TV match. Possibly the hair match for Cassidy & Hardy, or the hypothetical Ladder Match for the FTW title.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs

30 minutes ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Go watch Daniel Garcia Vs. Lee Moriarty people. Definitely one of the better Dark matches.

Queen Aminata got in a wad of offense in during her match with Emi Sakura, also.

• Like 3

Just when I am good and settled in with my MJF hate, he goes and does cool shit like this.

A downright civil exchange of tweets between him and an employee of the rival company.

Damn him.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2