DVDVR Message Board

AEW - SEP 2021

The Natural

43 minutes ago, HarryArchieGus said:

The quote you edited down was a quote I was responding to.  Not mine.  

Sorry, unclear wording by me. I was trying to signal that I agreed with your response (without quoting another block of text) as you basically made the point I wanted to and I just wanted to add to that.

I don’t know what’s going on with the Pinnacle, but they should kick MJF to the curb. Maybe turn Cody, and make him the leader already. MJF can then get The Acclaimed since MJF is so chummy in real-life with Caster. Then from there we can get a feud going already between the Cody led Pinnacle Vs. Kenny’s Elite.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Kev said:

Sorry, unclear wording by me. I was trying to signal that I agreed with your response (without quoting another block of text) as you basically made the point I wanted to and I just wanted to add to that.

I hear ya, but you've quoted the quote I was responding to, that another poster was responsible for, and it appears above your response as my words.  An edit on your post to properly reflect this would be appropriate and appreciated.  

On 9/10/2021 at 7:34 AM, Craig H said:

My AEW cut list or list of dudes that we could probably say goodbye to and not miss:

• Brian Cage
  • Almost everyone in the Factory except for Comoroto and maaaaaaybe QT
  • Every fucking Gunn on the roster
  • So many guys from the Nightmare Family. Brock Anderson is a good example of this.
  • Private Party (controversial pick, but they're not getting any better, I don't understand how Quen can get that blown up in every match, and they're beyond lost in the shuffle at this point)
  • Joey Janela
  • Jack Evans
  • Kip Sabian unless he's exclusively used as Penelope's manager
  • Chaos Project
  • Maybe the Sydal brothers
  • Sonny Kiss
  • Shawn Dean
  • Vickie

There's probably more than that, but that's a decent starting point for me.

The thing is most of these people primarily exist on the youtube shows, show it wouldn't make to much of a difference. Plus you need some people to be jobbers

One person I'd like to see AEW try to bring in is Malcom Bivens seeing as AEW actually uses managers and Vince has little to no interest 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LoneWolf&Subs said:

Who owns the rights to Wild Cat Willy anyway? I’m sure the WWE not using it after the sale, pretty much negates the ownership of that character. Time for TK to make him All Elite. But… With a Furry twist for the modern kink era. I’m thinking this Willy will show more flesh than ever before.

Why would AEW want a mascot named W.C.W. ?

Alfred E. Willy is right there.

• Haha 3

I have spent way too much of my life in e-feds. This gives me full credibility when I state that Darby Allin is the most e-fed wrestler of all-time. Everything about him looks like an application for a majority of e-fed characters in the 00s. To wit:

1) Insane loveseat.

2) Half face-paint

3) Comes out to some kind of dark music (although in e-feds it would be some Nine Inch Nails derivative and not The Misfits)

4) “Formerly homeless skateboarder who has internal struggles” is the ultimate in a one-line e-fed biography

5) Has a mentor in an established older veteran character

6) NEVER GIVES UP is his number one listed strength

7) TRIES TO DO TOO MUCH is his primary listed weakness

None of this is a bad thing. But he is absolutely an e-fed character come to life.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, HarryArchieGus said:

I hear ya, but you've quoted the quote I was responding to, that another poster was responsible for, and it appears above your response as my words.  An edit on your post to properly reflect this would be appropriate and appreciated.  

Ah right, I get you now, it still took a good 5 minutes for me to work out what you meant. That’s me misunderstanding how the quote functionality works on here. Sloppy edit now in place to remove the misquoting.