DVDVR Message Board

September 2021 Wrestling Imagery

The Natural

I think John Tenta is the eternal winner of the oldest looking young wrestler award. You could have knocked me down with a feather when I found out he was only 26 when he attacked Hogan on the Brother Love show. But in saying that, WWF was full of young guys that looked old at that time. Big Bossman and Akeem were 25 and 28 years old respectively when they faced the Mega Powers on the live "Main Event" show on NBC in 1989.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Speaking of ages, I didn't realize that Arn and Sting are basically the same age.  Arn is six months older.  I mean, Arn looked a fair bit older than Sting when i started watching JCP in the mid-80's.  Arn looked almost as old as Ole.

It make sense if you think about it for half a minute, but I apparently never did.

Lol, even knowing when he was born, I still don't believe Horsemen-era AA was in his mid-late 30's.  Trying to keep up with Ric at the bar really did a number on those guys.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Happ Hazzard said:

I think John Tenta is the eternal winner of the oldest looking young wrestler award. You could have knocked me down with a feather when I found out he was only 26 when he attacked Hogan on the Brother Love show. But in saying that, WWF was full of young guys that looked old at that time. Big Bossman and Akeem were 25 and 28 years old respectively when they faced the Mega Powers on the live "Main Event" show on NBC in 1989.

Being large makes you look older. 

Of course, then there's Arn. It blows my mind that he was only 30 at the time of the 1988 Survivor Series.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 1