DVDVR Message Board

September 2021 Wrestling Imagery

The Natural

The way Rampage went, who Sting is currently feuding with, Andrade upset that Chavo cheated for him which might’ve turned him face out of nowhere… Yup Ric is going to swerve Sting one last time. This is actually better than getting title 18 as a farewell.

Edited by LoneWolf&Subs
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Oh no, watch out Sting!

Reveal hidden contents

EsTUFG-UYAUEqB2.jpg

With friends like that... who needs 2.0? Shit, if somebody who had stabbed me in the back as many times as Flair has Sting (3, 4?) was telling me that we were friends for life, I'd probably file for a restraining order, stat, not posing for a pic (unless Sting has a knife in his left hand)!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, supremebve said:

This is the epitome of fixing something that isn't broke.  Mandy Rose has her issues as a performance, her look wasn't one of them.  She does kinda look like Megan Fox here though.

It looks like Sarray's dropkick made her nose smaller, not wider (like Rollins' knee did to Cena years back). I guess it's the angle of impact, or something?

Also, if you can look like Mandy Rose, always look like Mandy Rose. If you can't look like Mandy Rose, looking like Megan Fox seems like decent back-up plan.

Edited by Shartnado
A take on "...then always be a unicorn" joke

AEW Chikara Reunion photo. Click the replies to find out how, if you were a no-name working a pre-show match for Hoodslam, you'd be paid more than everyone (except Quack) working Chikara.

• Like 1

Modesto Aledo vs Bob Remy

For all the big crazy spots we've seen, this little stuff still might be my favorite. He can't get out of the hold so he positions his own foot in a way that will give him the necessary leverage. Look, I haven't seen every match from the guys who really take it to the mat these days, but I've seen a few, and I feel like what we get more are big, sweeping ideas and counters and limb targeting. I wish they'd work these really fine bits of technique into their act.

XQ5Xvm.gif

Which isn't to say I also don't love this stuff too. Aledo was so good in there. The trip is great. I love the speed on the sunset flip. I love the awkward angles that make everything seem more organic.

99gAw3.gif

• Like 4

On 9/16/2021 at 12:04 AM, Curt McGirt said:

May be an image of one or more people and text that says 'If someone tells you wrestling is fake, put that jabroni in a sharpshooter. You don't need that negativity in your life.'

When I was a kid, my friends and I would wrestle each other as our favorite pros, using their moves and finishers. I was always Eddie Graham and my buddy was the Great Malenko. I could NEVER get the Figure Four on him unless he let me. He could slap on the Russian Sickle (i.e., Camel Clutch) any time he got me on my stomach. Based on my experience, trying to put the Sharpshooter on someone who is actively, legitimately resisting would be a real good way to prove that wrestling is fake.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LP Steve said:

When I was a kid, my friends and I would wrestle each other as our favorite pros, using their moves and finishers. I was always Eddie Graham and my buddy was the Great Malenko. I could NEVER get the Figure Four on him unless he let me. He could slap on the Russian Sickle (i.e., Camel Clutch) any time he got me on my stomach. Based on my experience, trying to put the Sharpshooter on someone who is actively, legitimately resisting would be a real good way to prove that wrestling is fake.

I remember putting my friend in a Boston Crab, but he just pretty casually powered out by straightening his legs, due to his powerful lower body.