DVDVR Message Board

September 2021 Wrestling Discussion

The Natural

1 hour ago, Eoae said:

The worst name discussion has reminded me that Vince once stuck poor Funaki with the monicker "Kung Fu Naki".  Ugh.

Not sure NXT names are any worse than names in the 90's.  Bron Breakker or.... Bastion Booger?  Duke "The Dumpster" Droese?  Thurman "Sparky Plugg?  Puke?  Chilly McFreeze (l forgot about him and laughing way too much at  the name)?  TL Hopper?  Arachnaman?  Val Venis (allegedly a riff on "my pal penis"),

Actually, my vote for worst gimmick name of recent times is probably Shorty G.

You missed the most obvious one. BRAKKUS

"Ich komme von Deutschland!" 

37 minutes ago, Mr Harms said:

Is that still going? I stopped watching when I completely went off WWE. 

It's a lot more occasional now. And Ariel Italic retired (she turned 40 and thought that was old enough).

1 hour ago, Swift said:

Oney Lorcan is definitely a crap name. If you've got a gimmick name that's not immediately obvious how to pronounce, you've come up with a bad name. I can't be the only one who referred to him and fellow black trunks, slaphead Burch as Oney and Twoey, right?

Marquis/Marquee/Marcus Corvon/Corvan/Cor Von likes this.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HumanChessgame said:

The only thing I remember about Brakkus was him showing up in ECW and getting choked out by Taz.

At a house show me and a friend went to back in the day, Brakkus was in the 2nd match facing Billy Gunn (who was Rockabilly at the time). He had no idea how to work face and it took all of 1 minute for the crowd to turn on him and start cheering Billy. Brakkus won with some shitty looking powerbomb. It was only like a 6 minute match but it felt a lot longer

2 minutes ago, Infinit said:

But, as in the case of so many 2nd generation talents, why not take advantage of the lineage and history associated with the "family" name?? 

It just seems so stupid to me. 

Cause it is stupid.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WWE notes:

WWE stock up to 55.00. Gonna need the upcoming Saudia Show to boost the stock upwards.

WWE filed to trademark “Big Time Becks”. BTB for short.

Malik Blade trained by D-von will debut on this weeks 205. Seems WWE is slowly turning 205 into a "Main Event" style show for NXT.