DVDVR Message Board

September 2021 Wrestling Discussion

The Natural

35 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

Holy shit.  When NXT was moved to USA, Alvarez said something like, this is the the beginning of the end of the NXT that we knew.  That was more prophetic than he probably thought at the time.  And this?  This is throwing the last bit of dirt on the grave.

Gran Akuma posted this on Twitter. Seems apt.

If you watched ECW in real time and then watched WWE's version of ECW, I think you have a pretty good idea of what to expect from Vince's version of NXT.

• Like 3

Daffney was apparently streaming on Instagram live earlier tonight threatening suicide.  Apparently multiple people contacted the police, but it sounded like she moved recently and no one (including other wrestlers) was sure about her address.  Hope this turns out as well as possible.

• Sad 3

23 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Daffney was apparently streaming on Instagram live earlier tonight threatening suicide.  Apparently multiple people contacted the police, but it sounded like she moved recently and no one (including other wrestlers) was sure about her address.  Hope this turns out as well as possible.

Her family had her new address and passed it onto the police. As of 20 minutes ago, they were en route to her location.

Seeing this on Twitter really killed my enjoyment of Dynamite. I love Daffney, I'll be absolutely gutted if anything has happened.

37 minutes ago, S.K.o.S. said:

Oh, man. Virtual hugs go out to Daffney xxx.

12 minutes ago, Casey said:

Her family had her new address and passed it onto the police. As of 20 minutes ago, they were en route to her location.

Seeing this on Twitter really killed my enjoyment of Dynamite. I love Daffney, I'll be absolutely gutted if anything has happened.

Me too. Daffney's a favourite.

Edited by The Natural

Reportedly Vince McMahon and Bruce Prichard will only handle the "big picture". The day-to-day operation of the NXT brand will not change. Triple H, Shawn Michaels, William Regal, Matt Bloom and others will still have their same roles and jobs.

The look of the weekly TV product will have a “‘Vince & Co’ stamp on it.” The new logo from the brand came from Vince’s side.

This is awful. All I can think about other than being so sad that she took her own life are a couple of the head impacts that I've seen her take. 

Just fucking awful.

I am not going to cloud the RIP thread with this but apparently Karl Anderson found the worst possible time to shit on his former company .   You could argue that he is right to be suspicious when the WWE says they are concerned about mental health in tweets and stuff but yeah it came off like someone still pissed they got fired

Edited by hammerva